BIDAAI

Just when she has started lonely, a warm hand softly slipped inside her hand. She looked down at her hand and then at the person holding it. It was her husband smiling at her. The dimples were clearly visible on his charming face. She tried to smile back at him. But the more she was trying, the more it was getting difficult to hold her tears back. Aditya gave Zoya another assuring smile that she was not alone. Now he is there for her........forever.

Noor who had gone along with Roshnaq came back. She was holding the plate containing red color liquid in her hands. She brought it near Zoya and asked her to complete the last ritual for her bidaai. Zoya dipped her palms in the vermilion water and put them on the white cloth in Roshnaq's hands leaving the imprints of her hands. Roshnaq carefully folded the cloth and gave it Noor to keep it safe.

Zoya who has been fighting he tears till now couldn't control herself. She fell in her Ammi's arms crying her heart out. Roshnaq too let her tears fall & wrapped her arms tightly around her daughter. It is not easy for a mother to let her child go away from her. Everybody in the room knows this & were silent. After a while Roshnaq pulled away from the hug and looked in Zoya's eyes. She planted a few kisses all over Zoya's face showing her motherly love.

Roshnaq now turned to Aditya who was standing silently beside Zoya. "Hamari zindagi h yeh. Inka dhyaan rakhiyega", she said. Aditya joined his hands in the response to Roshnaq & bowed his head showing the respect. Roshnaq kept her hand on his head giving her blessings.

Zoya then moved to Noor whose face was red due to crying. She wrapped her arms around her Appi & Zoya caressed Noor's hairs. Aditya was quietly looking down as both the sisters were crying hard in each other's embrace. Their bond was deeper than he had thought. Zoya wiped Noor's tears & kissed on her cheek. Noor smiled & put a kiss on Zoya's hands.

Zoya moved to her favorite Khala-Khalu who were waiting for their turn. Though they were Noor's parents but they had always loved Zoya more than their own daughter. Both of them together took her in their arms as soon as she approached them. They were special to Zoya equally. She shared a special bond with them too.

Zoya now looked for the person who had not only given her life but also who had given his life to give her everything she desired. The person whom she considers as her Allah, her father, wasn't there. She was leaving but the only person her eyes wanted to see the most, her Abbu, wasn't even present there to say her a goodbye. Was he still angry on her?, she thought. She looked around in hope but couldn't find him anywhere.

"Bhabhi, jaane ka waqt ho rha h", Anjana told Roshnaq.

Roshnaq nodded, "Jii", in response.

When she lost hope that he would come, Zoya asked, "Ammi, Abbu?".

"Zoya bete, aapke Abbu nhi aaenge. Aap janti h woh aapko khud door jate hue nhi dekh payenge", she told.

"Hum Abbu se mile bina nhi jaa skte h Ammi", Zoya replied with heavy voice.

Zoya took a step forward to go but was stopped by something. She turned and found herself tied with Aditya. Her pallu was knotted with a cloth on his shoulder binding them with each other. She can't go without him. They are connected now for ever.

Aditya walked to her and held her hand. "Abbu ke paas chale?", he spoke.

~~~~~~~~~~

Waseem was in his Study when he heard Zoya's voice, "Abbu".

He quickly turned his face away from Zoya who was standing at the door with Aditya. His eyes were wet and he didn't want Zoya to see him crying. Moreover, if he looked at her, he might become weak and wouldn't let his daughter go. That's the reason he didn't go there only to see his Zoya going away from him. His only daughter whom he had protected all his life. And now when she was leaving, he couldn't find the guts to say her goodbye.