GIFT FOR ZOYA

Zoya was about to open the door when a strong pair of hands stopped her. She turned to find her Abbu staring at her. Anger was evident in his eyes. His look sent shiver down her spines. She knew what was coming.

Without saying anything, Waseem grabbed Zoya's arms and started dragging her to the stairs. Zoya tried to stop him, crying and pleading but he was too adamant to even look at her as he dragged her to the foot of stairs.

"Abbu please, ek baar hamari baat sunn lijiye", Zoya begged Waseem as she came down at his feet.

"Zoya, hamara par chodiye", Waseem said each word filled with anger, though his voice was calm.

But Zoya was reluctant to move & remained where she was. "Zoya humne kaha hamara par chodiye", Waseem again said this time more calmly.

"Abbu, sirf ek baar hume jane dijiye. Hum phir aapse kabhi kuch nhi maangenge", Zoya pleaded him.

This was too much for Waseem. He held Zoya's arms and pulled her up from his feet. His eyes were reflecting the rage that was burning inside him.

"Aap pagal ho gyi h pr hum nhi. Aapki ek bevkoofi ki wajah se hamari izzat pe koi daag lage, yeh hume hargis manzoor nhi", Waseem tried to speak as quietly as possible. He didn't want to draw the attention of the guests in the house towards them.

Waseem continued dragging Zoya up the stairs while Zoya was struggling to free her arms from his grip. But his hold was as strong as his intentions were. He took Zoya roughly by her arm to the direction of her room upstairs.

Waseem pushed Zoya inside the room and walked to the door. Holding the door knob in his hand, he said, "Aap iss kamre se hamari marzi ke bina bahar nhi aayengi. Jb tk aapka Aditya se nikaah nhi jo jata tb tk aap iss ghar ke bahar ek kadam bhi nhi rakhengi", saying this he shut the door on Zoya's face.

"Abbu nhi, Abbu please hamari baat suniye", Zoya's finger got caught in the door as she tried to stop him.

But Waseem didn't seemed to care as he locked the door from outside and went as Zoya continued patting the door without caring about her injured finger.

~~~~~~~~~~

Waseem barged in his room down the stairs where Roshnaq was already there arranging some stuff on the bed. She had some jewellery boxes with her which she was taking out from the locker.

"Waseem Zoya ki Engagement ki saari tayaari ho gyi h. Aap dekh lijiye kuch kami ho to", Roshnaq told her husband when she felt his presence in the room. Her eyes were still on the jewellery boxes she was busy arranging.

That's when Waseem happened to notice the jewellery and the gift boxes lying on the bed. All the gifts they had bought earlier for the Hoodas they'd be giving in the Roka next day and few more for the Ring Ceremony were spread on the bed as Roshnaq was busy checking the preparations for the Ceremony the next day.

When she got no response from him, Roshnaq diverted her eyes from the gifts to Waseem. His face was showing the anger he was feeling from inside.

"Kya hua, koi kami h kya?", Roshnaq asked nervously, her eyes scanning the gifts kept on the bed.

"Kami shayad hamari parvarish me h, jo hamari beti ko hamare khandaan ki zara bhi parawaah nhi h", Waseem uttered as each word brought a guilt in them.

"Kya bol rhe hain aap, hume kuch samjh nhi aa rha h", Roshnaq asked confused.

"Wahi bol rhe h jo dekh kr aaye h. Woh to allah ki rehmat hai jo humne phone pr sb sunn lia. Warna aapki laadli ne koi kasar nhi chodi thi hamari naak katane mein", he barked.