QUBOOL HAI

The morning wind spread its fresh smell. It held something different today. The fragrance of roses filled the entire house with its sweet smell. It was silent yet energetic. It was the wedding day! The one day they had been preparing for since days.....the one day that holds value the most.....the one day a girl waits for in her entire life. And she was no different. Yet she was.

True that she waited for this special day to arrive in her life. True that she had planned many things for this one day. True that she had always dreamed of marrying her special someone, someone she loves. But as they say 'Marry the person who loves you. Not the one whom you love'. That's what was happening with her. Though it wasn't her choice, but destiny's.

Sitting before the mirror of her room, probably for the last time, there she was looking utterly gorgeous in her wedding attire. The gold-embroidered kurta with matching sharara underneath and net dupatta having lace as border covered her head. The long earrings, the choker necklace, diamond bracelet in her wrist and a dekdaman on her forehead added to her looks. Even with one-naked eye one can tell that she looks the epitome of beauty.

In past days, she had been successful in resisting herself to think about him

In past days, she had been successful in resisting herself to think about him......to think what she has done with him, what she has done To him.....to think what she is doing with him......with Sahir. A tear rolled down her eyes as his memory hits her. She looked at herself in the mirror and let the tears fall.

"Aaj bhi ro rhi ho", the one within the mirror asked Zoya. She was not looking happy unlike the last time.

"Ab aap kyun aayi h?", Zoya asked.

"Tum yeh batane ki ab inn aansuon ka koi fayda nhi h. Jo faisla tum ke chuki ho usse accept kr lo. Sach se kb tk bhagogi? Uss din bhi bhaag rhi thi....aaj bhi bhaag rhi ho", she replied.

"Aap ke liye kehna aasan h. Kyun ki aap hamara dard nhi mehsoos kr skti h".

She smiled weakly, "Tumhe yeh kisne kaha ki mujhe tumhare dard ka ehsaas nhi?....Afsos ki baat to yeh h ki tum aaj tk smjh hi nhi payi ki hum dono alag nhi h. Hum ek hi h Zoya". This time there was pity in her voice.

"Ab main tb hi aaungi jb tum yeh baat smjh jaogi", she disappeared saying that.

Zoya was once again alone. She looked at her reflection in the mirror which only reflected back her crying face....her outer self. But what it showed seconds ago was the inner truth...her inner self. And Zoya couldn't argue with her because she was right. Zoya know that it is hard to face the truth but she has to. It is difficult to accept the fact that she betrayed that one person she loved more than her life. It is not easy to face the truth that she is the reason for his destruction. It is hard to face her own self. But the decision was taken and she would follow it no matter how much pain she has to cause and suffer.

"Zoya", she quickly wipe the tears off her face as her Ammi and Noor were at the door.

Zoya immediately got up and smiled. She knew the time has come......time to face the reality. They were there to escort her to her new journey. She was ready.