GETTING ALONG

The car stopped outside FASHIONISTA. They had reached little earlier because of less traffic. The short journey of the car had been smooth. Zoya was wearing saree looking extremely gorgeous in the attire with a small bindi completing her married look. He silently kept stealing glances at her from the mirror. She was quite and keeping looking at him from side when he was driving. At one point, they caught each other checking out yet stayed silent. Now that they reached her office, their silent game ended. They sat awkwardly silent in the car.

"Bye", they said at the same time.

"I'll pick you up in the evening", he told. She smiled, nodded & turned to look at her office. He waited to let her get out of the car. She reached for the door handle and stopped as something caught her memory.

"Aditya?", she turned back at him. He was looking at her only.

"Aapki flight me abhi waqt h naa?", she asked. He checked his watch & nodded.

"Haan abhi thoda time h. Koi kaam h?", he asked keeping his tone causal.

"Hum soch rahe the aapne kbhi hamare office nahi dekha h. Aap aaenge hamare saath ander?", she took him by surprise altogether by asking him that question. He stared at her for a while. She looked in his stilled gaze on her waiting for an answer.

"Aditya aap aa rahe h?", she asked again when he didn't spoke for long & to her response his lips curved into a genuine smile. Before she could have interpreted the meaning, he was already getting out of his car. Zoya was still lost in thoughts when he tapped the window next to her. She quickly stepped out the car shaking her thoughts away and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeh Shawn h aur yeh Akansha h", she said while introducing him to her staff.

"Hello sir", he shook hands with them.

"Sir aap first time office aa rahe h. Hum ne to aapko pehle kabhi dekha hi nahi. But its nice to finally meet you", Shawn told him smiling. A silent look passed between Aditya-Zoya. Then he turned & smiled.

"Same here Shawn", Aditya replied him with a warm smile.

Just then landline in her cabin started ringing. She excused herself from them and went to attend the call. Meanwhile Shawn tried to start a chat with Aditya. Zoya pushed her cabin door only to find the phone ringing more loudly and then stopped before she reached for it.

"Ya Allah kon h yeh Janab. Phone uthane se pehle hi cut kr dia", shaking her head she looked through the glass window of her cabin and saw his lips curved into a dimpled smile as he chatted with them. She smiled & watched him for a while. But her secret stare at her husband was disturbed by landline's ring. She picked up the call before it could become dead.

"Hello?", connecting the reciever to her ears she spoke. But no voice came from the other end.

"Hello? Hello? Kon bol rahe h aap?", the call was already dead. She kept back the receiver on the phone murmuring some words to herself.

"May I come in?", Zoya instantly turned at the gentle knock on the cabin door & found him standing at the door.

"Aditya aap puch kyu rahe h....aaiye na", she smiled her best.

"Maine suna tum kisi ko daant rahi thi", he pointed to her back & walked inside the cabin.

Zoya looked at her landline and replied, "Actually koi hume baar baar blank call de raha tha".