2

hehe this is a bit shorter, hope you guys are enjoying it!!

The drive to the hospital was so long, there were roadworks and so much traffic everywhere. I couldn't control my nerves, my knee was doing the bouncy thing and I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel along to Frank Ocean- White Ferrari it's the best song ever to be written!

I had finally arrived at the hospital, what should've been a quick 15 minute drive took 40 minutes in the traffic. I sat in the car, feeling too nervous to move. The thought that crossed my mind the most was that she didn't want to see me, what would i do then. I took a deep breath in and I got out of the car, still shaking a little. I made my way up to the entrance and asked the lovely receptionist where i could find 'Abinaya Sivakarthian' she directed me to go down the corridor and to the left, into the A&E ward.

The walk felt like it took forever and as I approached the ward a nurse asked me who I was seeing after telling her, she said she would take me to her room. The nurse asked whether I was family/if I knew her, so I just replied that I was at the scene and I'm just checking in to see if she was okay. 'Actually, will she be okay? How is she? Does she have any long term injuries?' The nurse with a concerning look on her face said that as of now they can't disclose that until they speak to family. We arrived outside her room and another nurse that had just left the room warned me that she was still asleep and she may be confused when she wakes up.

I made myself comfy on the chair next to the bed and placed the flowers on the table. Her face was all bruised and she had multiple cuts on her knuckles and her hands. The tears pricked my eyes, she didn't deserve this pain, she was just crossing the road. I took her hand and held it, tracing circles on her palm. Roughly 15 minutes passed until she slowly started to wake up. She was in tears, confused and asking for a nurse so I left her to go find a nurse.