7

Tobi's POV
I woke up to the sound of Abi calling out for help. She kept shouting help over and over again, I shot up from my bed and checked the time; it was 3.38am. 'shit' I said as I quickly made my way over to my room.

I sat on the edge of my bed, gently shaking her awake. 'Abi, Abi, it's okay it's only me Tobi.' She was fully in tears and she was struggling to breathe.

'Tobi I'm...sorry..for..waking..you..up..can..you..get..me..
some..water..please' she asked in between breaths

'coming right up'

I slowly helped her sit up after getting her a glass of water, she winced in pain as she got up due to her ribs. Man it killed me to see her like this.

'I'm so sorry for waking you up tobi, I had a really bad dream and I couldn't control myself' she said looking me in the eyes, with a small smile. Her eyes looked sad and the smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

'Don't be silly, it's okay, i'm happy to be here for you. One thing I will say is that you're probably suffering the effects of PTSD, and the best option is counselling. So in the morning, would you like to look at your options?'

'yes of course we can, thank you for being so understanding about it tobi'

'you're more than welcome Abi, now try to get some rest' I said. Her head was on my lap and I stroked her hair as she slowly started to drift to sleep again.

I woke up again at 9, I knocked on Abi's- well my room door to see if she was awake. To my surprise she was, she was on her phone.
'Morning sleepyhead' I said smiling

'Morning Tobi' she replied

'Right I'm going to quickly jump into the shower and then make breakfast-is there anything you want?'

'I honestly don't mind anything! whatever's easiest for you. Also tobi i need to take a shower, would you be able to help me there and then be on 'standby' just in case something happens' she asked awkwardly twiddling her thumbs

awe she's so cute man 'yes of course i will Abi, should be okay!!' I replied

I decided i would make pancakes for breakfast, I got the Nutella out, we had strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, i placed them all in separate bowls and placed it on the dining room table.

I got one of Abi's crutches and went to help her get up, I gently assisted her with getting out of bed and then Iet her lean her bodyweight on me as support. We hobbled over to the dining table, i felt her squeezing my hand thanking me for the breakfast. I simply smiled in return, it made me happy, making her happy.

'Mmm these are delicious tobes, definitely the best pancakes I've had in a while' she smiled at me

'hehe thank you, I do try my best!'

'hey do you mind if we go back to my flat today, just to get some of my belongings?'

'yeah sure, you're only around the corner so it shouldn't take too long, we should also look at counselling options, it's best to do it sooner'

'you're right we should, god i feel like such a burden, are you sure i'm not asking too much of you? if i am getting annoying let me know. I could see the tears in her eyes.

I took her hands and looked into her eyes and replied 'hey there's no need to talk like that, i honestly don't mind, i'm the one who offered to look after you, so you best believe imma do it in the best way possible' i said smiling at her

'thank you tobes i appreciate this a lot' a tear escaped her eyes to which i raised my hand and wiped it away. Looking into her eyes i left my hand on her cheek, and quickly coughed and took it away realising it was still there.