26

We left my flat just after 9 and walked to the train station hand in hand. We both bought our own backpacks with different stuff, ready to stargaze. I looked up at the sky and saw it was quite cloudy, i knew we wouldn't be able to see any stars but I knew i would love the company.
Anyways we took the tube and then a river bus, he held me close for the whole journey.

Once we got off the bus, we made our way up the hill and found a nice spot to sit on. It wasn't light, but it also wasn't very dark, just an awkward inbetween. I placed the blanket on the floor, Tobi got the classic flask out and lots of snacks. I smiled whilst setting up the speaker.

'the iconic flask has made an entrance'

'of course it has abi!!' he said sarcastically

I sat between his legs and leant my body weight on him, we talked about a lot of random shit, the 'date was filled with lots of laughter and jokes. We shared a hot chocolate from the flask and it was just nice being with him. We laid back, side by side, our hands intertwined, just looking up at the sky.

'wow abi, look, you can really see all the stars so clearly' he giggled

'i know, damn you can see so many' i turned my head to the side to look at him. i gently said to him 'even though i cant see any stars, this is still perfect, all thanks to you' I leant in and kissed him, i then rested my forehead on his and looked into his eyes for a few moments. It was perfect.

The date continued with us sharing a sweet hot chocolate, eating snacks, lots of jokes and cuddles. Tobi checked his phone and sighed.

'what's wrong?' i asked

'Ethan just messaged me, there's a photo circulating on twitter of us on the river bus, this means we're public. I mean i guess it's not that deep but just be wary, the fans can be harsh'

'ah well, there's no point stressing about it, it's out now. We did have it coming, I was cuddling you in plain sight oops'

'we move, but whatever you do, don't look at the comments. Or even try and stay off social media for a few days, i don't want you to let the trolls get to you'

'yeah definitely, god i'm scared, my face is out there now'

'i'm sorry it was like this' he took my hand and squeezed it.

'it's not your fault tobes, i don't get people though, just to let you live your life'

'i know, but i guess i have put myself out there so i'm going to have to deal with the consequences.'

We sat in a comfortable silence just holding each other, when suddenly it started pouring down with rain. Both of us froze, until i stood up, pulling him up.

'come on, we're gonna get soaked anyways let's just embrace it' i laughed

We both danced along to the beat of some Daniel caesar song that i didn't know. It was a moment of pure happiness, i felt all my fears and troubles wash away with the rain. We laughed the whole way home, this would be a memory that I cherished forever.

'I'm sorry for shutting you out tobes, i've missed having you around a lot'

'i've missed you too Abi'