38

I received a letter in the post this week. I was being evicted next month, I haven't been paying my rent properly, mainly because I missed a big chunk of my work due to the accident and my student loan just didn't cover the rent. I'm not going to lie, these past few days I have felt like shit. Everything just feels too much, I took a day to myself and I just laid in my room, curtains drawn, in the darkness. I got a lot of built up tears out, this was my issue, I will hold everything in till breaking point, let it out then go back to normal again. I hated that about myself, actually I pretty much hated everything about myself.

I slept throughout the whole day. The next morning I laid around, I didn't need to go to the hospital, so I ate what I could and thought it would be best if I went for a walk. I left my flat and started walking, with no sense of direction. I walked for around 15 minutes before I came across a bench. I sat down for a while, my chest felt tight, of course this happened to me whilst I was out, I felt a panic attack coming along, it felt like i had forgotten how to breathe. It suddenly started tipping it down with rain, I sighed, I wasn't wearing a coat, I felt like a mess, the mixture of the rain and my tears didn't mix well with the mascara I was wearing. I quickly started to make my way back home, my jumper was drenched. When I reached my door I realised that I had dropped my key somewhere. I kicked the door out of frustration, the tears were flowing down my face rapidly. I knew I would have to go to Tobi, but I couldn't let him see me like this. I sighed and texted him, I knew he had a spare key.

Me: hey are you in? x

Tobi: yeahh, come round i'll open the door x

I made my way over to Tobi's, the tears were still flowing I couldn't control them. I made my way up to Tobi's flat, I saw my reflection in the lift mirror and thought I mean there's nothing I can do now.

Tobi opened the door, he saw my eyes and tried to hug me. I stepped back and said I was soaking wet. He pulled me in anyway, a fresh set of tears sprung to my eyes. I sobbed into his shoulder, holding him tightly. He took me into his room and gave me a towel and his hoodie, with leggings that I had left behind. I got changed and came out, I had washed the mascara residue off my face and started to dry my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and he pulled me in for a hug again. He sat on the bed and lifted the covers, indicating me to join. I laid my head on his chest and stroked my hair. He whispered 'what happened Abi?'

I explained about the letter of eviction and how I left the house to clear my head and the panic attack, the rain, locking myself out. The tears were still coming. 'I'm so sorry for putting this on you Tobi, I think i'm also extra tired which is making everything worse.

'don't apologise Abi, you've had a stinky morning.'

After a few moments of just rocking me, Tobi gently said. 'if worse comes to worse, you can stay with me'

'But Tobi, you've done so much for me, I can't possibly ask you to put up with me again, what if this affects our relationship?' I gently sobbed.

'Abi, obviously i don't want to sound big headed, but I'm in a position where i'm able to help you, so obviously I'm going to take that opportunity. Also if it puts you at ease, you can pay me back or we can work something out. And we lived together once, we can do it again' He kissed my forehead.

I looked up at him and smiled. 'I don't know what I did to deserve meeting you Tobi, as much as the van accident was awful, I'm kinda glad it happened because I was able to meet you'

He cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears with his thumbs. He then kissed me and rested his head on my forehead 'no you're the best thing that's happened to me Abi.'

I smiled at him, and placed my head on his chest. I felt his heartbeat through his chest. He gently asked 'have you eaten Abi?' I shook my head at him 'no, I ate some toast in the morning but I couldn't stomach anything else'.

He took me by surprise and picked me up. Embarrassingly I let out a squeal. 'come on Abi, it's 4pm, let's cook you some lunch.' He took me to the kitchen and placed me on the counter, he made quick and easy pasta. He made the sauce and whilst the pasta was cooking, I pulled him in using my legs and hugged him, placing my head on top of his, he stood there swaying side to side. We put on some anime and ate the pasta in silence. I looked up at him and smiled. 'I honestly don't know what I would do without you Tobi, you've had such a big impact on my life.'

He smiled back, 'you've helped me more than you know as well Abi'. We did the washing up together. After a while, I decided it would be best if I went back home, so Tobi ended up walking me home. Before he left, we shared a long, sweet kiss, to which i was left biting my lip, with a smile.