58

Today we were all going bowling then out for drinks. I decided to wear black trousers with a cute floral blouse. I braided my hair then put in cute dangly earrings and a necklace.

'you look good' Tobi came in and wrapped his arms around my waist.

'mmm thanks bub, i might change my trousers though, I'm so bloated it looks hideous.' I moved my arms and covered my stomach.

'hey i don't want to hear that, your body is beautiful. It doesn't matter whether you're bloated, that's what makes us human.' he said gently.

'you're too sweet' i giggled. 'i'll keep these trousers on'

'Which jacket do i wear abs?'

'hmm' i looked through his wardrobe 'here ya go' i picked out his red and black illvzn jacket.

'thanks babe'. he replied

We both looked at each other and chuckled. 'now I know for a fact you did not just call me babe' I said hitting him gently.

'oops, it felt so wrong. I shall never do that again'.

We soon decided to leave, we arrived at the bowling alley a little bit early but still decided to make our way inside. When we got inside, we saw Manny. I waved at him and smiled 'heyyy'

'hi abi, you good?'

'yeahh thanks, how are you?'

'i'm good, where is everyone?'

'typical that the one time i'm on time, they're all late.' tobi interjected, pretending to be mad.

We stood there, just talking normally when we heard people coming through. I turned around and saw Simon, JJ and Ethan walking in.

'Ayyy Abi, long time no see. Where you been?' Ethan came over and hugged me.

'yooo, you know how it is just been busy.' I smiled.

'hope you're okay abi, we're here if you need us.' Simon and JJ joined in with the hug.

I smiled 'thanks guys, I appreciate it.'

As we pulled away I saw Talia and Freya walk in with the others. They saw me and smiled. I grinned and walked over.

'ABIII' Talia squealed. I gave both her and Freya a hug.

'ahh it's been too long guys' I smiled at them.

'we would like to play anytime today' simon called out.

'oi pipe down' I giggled and we made our way over to our lanes.

I hadn't been bowling in years but I did pretty well if i say so myself. Inbetween my goes, i sat on the bench, I was joined by Talia and Freya.

'sooo Abi, how have you been?' Freya asked with a smile.

'I'm okay, i've been better but i'm good' I smiled at her.

'next time, don't cut us off abi or else' Talia said whilst chuckling.

'who said there's gonna be a next time' i giggled 'but seriously i won't, thanks guys.'

'Abi you're up' ethan called out.

After bowling, we all went out to eat, we went to a mexican restaurant, the food was amazing. We sat around and JJ suggested that we went out for drinks. I felt uncomfortable, but I still agreed to going. As we were walking along the streets of shoreditch, Tobi pulled my hand back.

'we don't have to go if you feel uncomfortable Abi, we can just do something else together.'

'thanks tobi, I should be okay, im gonna have to face these situations soon.'

'let me know if you wanna dip early.'

I held his hand and walked on. When we arrived at the bar, I could smell the alcohol. I sighed, longing for a drink. Maybe this was a bad idea, I think tobi could sense my discomfort, I felt him squeeze my hand in support. 'you can do this abi'. I smiled in return.

We sat down at a booth and ordered our drinks, I decided to get a lemon and lavender mocktail. I tried my absolute hardest to stay present but i kept zoning out. I snapped back into reality when Freya squeezed my shoulder 'you okay hun?'
'yeahh i'm alright, thanks' I smiled at her. The evening went on, it was a laugh. Pretty much everyone was gone by 11 and they were losing their minds. By 11.30, I really didn't feel like socialising anymore, i tapped Tobi on the shoulder and gently spoke to him.

'Tobes, I'm sorry i think i'm going to go home, I'll get an uber, my social battery is gone' I giggled

'wait for me, i'll come with you.'

'no no i don't wanna ruin your night tobes.'

'nahh it's fine, I'm feeling kinda tired as well' he smiled at me.

'right guys we're off' he sold up and i followed suit. 'see you guys later' I waved at all of them before slipping my hand into Tobi's. We walked out together and there was a slight chill in the air. I shivered.

'oooh its cold, here abi take my coat.'

'no because then you'll be cold'

he smiled at me. 'i'll be fine, here.'

'fine but give me your sweatshirt then, and you wear the jacket. It's only fair' I said with a giggle.

'you're so stubborn' he grinned at me. and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

We started walking and decided to get the tube instead, the train station was only a 10 minute walk, but we slowly walked there, just talking. Whilst we were waiting for the train, Tobi turned to face me and asked me

'how did you find that abi, i mean being around alcohol and that environment'

'mmm not gonna lie, it was so hard. I just wanted a drop of any alcohol, don't judge but i found it so hard not to grab someone's drink and take a sip.'

'no judgment here abi, you can tell me anything. I'm proud of you, you could've had all the alcohol you wanted in there, but you didn't. You're so strong'

'thanks tobi, it means a lot to me. Honestly.' I hugged him, and just as I pulled away to look at him our train arrived.