56

I woke up with my legs intertwined with Tobi, he had his arms wrapped around me. I reached forward to grab my phone and I felt Tobi's grip on me tightened, he pulled me in. 'morning' he mumbled softly into the back of my neck. I turned around to face him 'morning' after a few silent moments, it felt awkward so I asked 'how are you feeling?'

'mmh better now you're on my arms' he replied sarcastically

I faked making vomiting noises 'that was the grossest thing you have ever said to me' I giggled.

I sat up and smiled at him, I grabbed his arm and led him out of bed into the front room, to make breakfast. Whilst I was watching the poached eggs, Tobi snuck up behind me and hugged me. He began kissing my neck 'I've missed you he whispered into my neck. I turned around and hugged him, 'ive missed you too tobes'. I placed the poached eggs on top of the avocado on toast and we sat down to eat.

'I haven't properly been able to ask you abi but how are you doing?'

I sighed 'well it has been quite hard quitting the alcohol but i definitely feel better, I feel less sluggish and overall my mood has improved a lot, so yeah i'm better thanks tobi'

'i'm glad, please talk to me if you're feeling down, or if you feel like you need alcohol'

'i will, thank you for sticking with me tobi, i know it can't have been easy'

'i'm glad i stuck around abi, do you still go to the AA meetings?'

'yeahh it's really nice hearing other people talk about their journey and just being surrounded by such strong people'

'mmm i can imagine, well i'm happy that you're finding it useful abi, i'm proud of you'.

I smiled at him, feeling grateful.

I soon left to go to a AA meeting, Tobi walked me there and then left to go to a shoot. When I walked in, I spotted jaxson sat down, I waved and sat myself next to him. Over the past few weeks, we had become a lot closer. When the meeting finished, jaxson suggested that we went and got coffee from the coffee shop down the road, I smiled and agreed. 

After ordering our coffee, we sat down awkwardly and smiled at each other. He was the one who broke the awkward silence. 'So abi, how have you ended up here? if you don't mind me asking'

'no its fine, well I was born in Sri Lanka and I lost my parents at a young age and I ended up coming to the UK, it was a tricky upbringing, to say the least and well things happened, you know how it is haha. what about you?'

'ahh I'm not going to say sorry for your losses, you've probably heard that about a million times but at least you're getting the help you need abi. And well my story, I lost my mum and grew up with an abusive step-dad, I needed something to take the pain and here I am, I've been battling with it for a few years now, on and off.'

I smiled at him 'look at us eh, at least we're getting better.'

After a few moments, he broke the silence again with a lighthearted question 'If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?'

I giggled and replied 'hmm cheese? I don't know, I just really like cheese. Actually no, potatoes, they are elite, what about you?'

'chocolate, but chocolate that's so dark it has a bitter taste to it.'

I chuckled 'that's odd, dark chocolate is awful.'

'nope, I will not accept dark chocolate slander in this house. Its an acquired taste.' he said with an emphasis on acquired.

I was next to ask a question 'if you could pick any season to be in, what would you pick?'

he replied 'thats easy, autumn'

'i would pick spring, it represents new beginnings.'

'fair enough, I find autumn so beautiful I guess I just see it as everything fading away.'

I looked into his eyes and smiled, there was so much about him that I didn't know. We went back and forth asking each other silly questions. Soon, it was time to leave, when they exited the cafe, they awkwardly hugged. Abi wasn't sure what happened next but the next thing she felt was their lips met for a few short moments, she quickly pulled away 'jaxson, I have a boyfriend, I can't' I quickly said goodbye and walked away. I bit my lip, hating myself for letting that happen. I made my way home in tears, unsure of whether to tell Tobi.