45

The next few days passed in a blur. I didn't leave our bedroom, Tobi tried to get me to leave but I refused. It was hard because I knew how much he wanted help but there wasn't a lot that he could do and plus he respected the fact that I needed space. He even tried inviting Freya and Talia around, but I didn't have the effort to talk to them properly, I wasn't very good company. I just felt numb, I didn't know how to process this, how do people deal with death so effortlessly? I tried to go about my days normally but there was just something about wallowing in bed, in the darkness that felt right. I thought about how tomorrow I had to say my final goodbye to my auntie and ended up falling asleep. I woke up to Tobi bringing me a cup of tea and a slice of cake. I rubbed my eyes and questioned what time it was. 'it's 2.20pm' he smiled at me.

'Abi I'm worried about you, you need to get out of the house it's been days. would you like to go for a walk?'

I took his hand 'mmm Tobi i'm fine, i don't want to go anywhere.'

I heard him sigh, I felt bad. 'I'm honestly okay Tobi, I just need a few days.' I finished my tea and laid back down. 'I'm going to a shoot, but if you need anything text or call me' He squeezed my hand and kissed it. 'thanks tobi, I appreciate it.' I closed my eyes again and slowly started drifting to sleep. Honestly sleeping to avoid any pain felt so good.

I woke up the next morning absolutely dreading the day ahead. It was the worst day of my life, but I got through it though, with Tobi by my side. It killed me to see my uncle and cousins like that, I tried to stay strong, just for them but I couldn't. It was one of the worst days of my life and I never want to relive anything like that. Why was the world so cruel? Why did she have to die? After getting home from the funeral, I felt more numb I ended up just getting changed and going straight into bed. I didn't want to process what just happened, I wanted to forget everything. I closed my eyes, put my airpods in and ended up just laying there.

this chapter is awful, sorry!!