57

I arrived home and the front room was dark, when I turned the light on, Tobi moved out from behind me and smiled 'surprise' he whispered. I gasped, it took me a while to work out what was on the wall, but when I realised I gasped and took a step back. Tobi had hung up lots of photos on some string on the wall. There were pictures of us, of me and my family, of me and the sidemen, of me and the girls, he even had a picture of me and my parents. I went and touched it, I had never seen this before.

'where did you get this from?.' I questioned

'Ahilan gave it to me.' He replied with a smile on his face.

I grinned at him 'you did this for me?' I hugged him, the tears falling. 'thank you' I whispered into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me

'i thought it would be nice for you to see the amount of people that you make happy, you matter to all these people and more abi, these are just some of the reasons for you to carry on with your efforts to get sober.'

'i don't deserve you tobes i really don't, i need to tell you something.' I let go and took him to the sofa. 'i..well you know i told you about jaxson from the AA meetings? um we went to get coffee today and before we left he kissed me. i..it wasnt long, I pulled away.'

I was fully sobbing at this point. He took my hands and spoke 'i'm glad you told me the truth abi, i'm not mad at you. Just out of curiosity, you don't have feelings for him, do you?'

'no no not like that, i thought we were just good friends but clearly he thought differently. Thank you for being so understanding.'

'it's okay, I believe and trust you abi.'

He wiped my tears away from my cheeks, I leant my forehead on his and smiled. 'you mean everything to me tobi, I love you'

'i love you too abi' he kissed me multiple times on my cheeks and I giggled, my stomach flipped a million times, feeling the love.

He suddenly stood up and took my hand, come on we're going for a drive.

'where?' I questioned

'you'll see' he said with a grin on his face. I stood up and took his hand and let him lead me to the the car park. When we got there I saw him open the door to a small pick up truck. 'where did you get this?' I giggled, I never thought I'd see him in a pick up truck. 'friend of a friend' he replied as he helped me up into the passenger side.

We drove for about 45 minutes and from what I could gather, we were just outside London. The car journey wasn't filled with a lot of conversation, we ended up singing along to the songs. I gently hopped out of the truck and Tobi jumped up to the top, he opened the back and revealed and cosy set up. He had bought along cushions, blankets and he had lit fairy lights around the edge of the truck. I smiled and whispered 'this is amazing'. Tobi held his hand out and helped me up onto the back, we both sat against the 'wall' of the truck, I shuffled closer and he wrapped his arm around me. The sun had just started to set, he brought out a flask with hot chocolate to which i just giggled, we shared a cup and wrapped up in the blankets. After a moments silence I turned to face him 'this is so random but what would you consider a wasted life?'.

He turned his body and faced me 'hmm I think if you don't follow your dreams, or even if you don't live your life being happy, i dunno though. Where has this come from?'

'not sure to be honest, it was just something that came into my head, i agree with what you said.'

'fair enough, I have a question as well, kinda going off on a tangent here but 'How do you think humans will go extinct?'

'oooh i mean i think we'll be too greedy and end up doing stupid stuff.' I replied

'mmm that's a good shout actually, i definitely think being too greedy will lead to an over exhaustion of our resources which will have other consequences.' he replied whilst stroking his chin

I giggled 'here's a more lighthearted question, If we could go anywhere on where would we go?'

'i know, the maldives! you can finally see your favourite mangrove forests' he said with a grin

'you know me so well' i smiled. We went back and forth, asking each other both stupid and serious questions, until we ran out. We sat in a comfortable silence, looking out at the sunset and it was just sat above the horizon, darkness setting in. I took his hand and snuggled closer to him. There was a mild chill in the air, Tobi grabbed another blanket and wrapped it up around us, we sat in each other's arms, gently rocking.