6

Soon after Simon left, the flat was filled with an uncomfortable silence. Tobi came and collapsed onto the sofa, next to me. We both looked up at each other at the same time and smiled.
'Sooooo...' Tobi began to speak 'i was thinking of ordering food in for dinner instead of cooking, if you want?'
'yeah sure, I replied, i don't mind anything!'
'no, you pick, I'm awful at making choices' tobi replied with a grin on his face.
how could i say no to that precious grin 'oh okay then, does pizza sound good?' i questioned
'coming right up!'
Tobi wouldn't let me pay for the pizza, i pulled a pouty face, complaining that everything he was doing was enough. He argued back that he was just trying to be a good host. I gave in and made him promise me that i'd pay for the next meal. His response was 'i cant promise anything' and he started giggling. I joined in and lightly slapped his arm.

Anyways, tuck in he said as he gestured towards the coffee table. 'mmm this pizza is amazing' I said after I took a massive bite. He giggled because i had gotten sauce on my nose and he gently wiped it away, his hand lingering near my cheek. I simply smiled, not sure how to react. 'Well i'm glad you're enjoying it Abi' in the background Brooklyn 99 was playing, to fill the silence.

'god i feel humongous' i laughed after finishing my last slice, 'but it was definitely worth it' I looked over at Tobi and thanked him once again.

'you don't need to thank me Abi, anytime!'

'So Tobi, what do you do for a living?' I asked

'hmm I'm a youtuber, i'm a part of this group called the sidemen, there's me and six other guys- Simon who you met earlier is a part of it as well, god i hate telling people what i do aha'

'omg no way?! that's crazy wow!!'

'what do you do Abi?' he asked me in return

'well Im currently a uni student, studying medicine but i'm currently doing a placement year'

'woahhh so i take it you're smart then' to which i just giggled.
It suddenly went quiet, none of us saying anything.

Right then tobi said slapping his knees, follow me to my room, you can stay in there and I'll sleep in the spare room, my mattress is a lot more comfortable.

'Are you sure?' i questioned 'I feel bad? you've done more than enough for me, i don't want you to sacrifice your sleep as well'

'Abi, Tobi looked up at me, I don't want to hear it, you deserve good rest for the next few weeks and i'm going to let you have that'

'Thank you, I replied' tears welling up 'sorry, I honestly don't know what I did to deserve meeting someone as kind as you'
he simply chuckled and helped me walk over to his room.
He quickly grabbed his clothes and gave me a pair of  cotton shorts so that it wouldn't be tight on my knee brace and a hoodie. He left the room to let me get changed and told me to call him so that he could help me into bed.
'i'm done' i shouted out. 'god i look like i mess' i said laughing
He came in with a grin and replied 'the shorts are definitely a look, you still look good in the hoodie tho, repping that sidemen hoodie' he said smiling
he sat me down on the bed and helped me lift my legs up as the nurse instructed at the hospital.
'so are you comfy' tobi asked

'yeah i am thank you very much'

'goodnight Abi, call me if you need anything, idm!'

'thank you tobi' i said whilst taking his hand 'i really appreciate everything you're doing for me, it means the world. goodnight see you in the morning'

'you're more than welcome abi, goodnight' he said with a smile on his face, he kissed my forehead before leaving, which made me feel all sorts of things.