Dustin Henderson's Apology

TW: TONS of talk about suibating (telling someone to k/ll themselves)

Will showed up at school on Tuesday. He was finally feeling a tiny bit better after the heartbreak days prior, but it still hurt nonetheless. He tried his best to avoid Mike and his friend group. It was pretty easy seeing as they're always in the cafeteria together.

Will scanned through the lot of books on the library shelves. In the middle of his search someone tapped on his shoulders. "Hey," Dustin muttered. Will turned around and gave him a sour look but said nothing.

"I know you probably don't wanna talk to me right now. To be honest I wouldn't either if I were in your shoes, but I just wanna say that I'm sorry. I was the one who suggested that he fake dated you in the first place. We were complete dicks to you for no reason whatsoever. I'm sorry."

Will frowned at him, "Even though what you did was pretty fucked up, at least you didn't pretend to be in love with me."

"Yeah. Sorry about Mike as well, and Jane."

"Don't apologize for them, I want to hear their genuine apologies," Will paused and gave him a pained smile, "I accept your apology though. Thank you."

Dustin smiled and him and gave him a hug. They were in each other's embrace for a few seconds until they finally broke apart. "So, what're you reading?"

"Oh, this? I'm just getting The Outsiders for an essay my teachers gonna force my class to do. I could've sworn we read this in middle school."

-

"Dustin has been in the bathroom for a while now," Max frowned.

"Maybe he's constipated?"

She scrunched her face up, "Ew! Gross!"

"I'm not w-" Lucas, Mike, and Max turned their attention to Jane. She was getting in her usual seat before Lucas stopped her.

"Dude. You really think we're gonna let you sit with us after telling Will to kill himself?" Sinclair scoffed.

"I said sorry like 8 times! Get over it!"

Mike rolled his eyes, "The problem is that you didn't say sorry to him. You shouldn't be apologizing to us."

Max nodded in agreement, "And the walk home was just as bad! You can't just tell someone that they should off themselves then complain about them not being able to take a joke."

"Well I wasn't wrong, was I? People tell each other to  kill themselves all the time yet I don't see you guys yelling at them."

"There's a difference between telling that to someone who doesn't deserve it and telling it to someone who does, stupid!" Mike snapped quickly, "It's not like he was being a terrible person!"

"It's not my fault he took it personally! God, people, especially him, are too sensitive these days."

"He takes it personally because he's been told that all his life! He thought he finally found a group of people that liked him, he's literally been hated his whole life!"

"Hm, I see why."

"How dare you?! He-" Max grabbed Mikes arm and yanked it down, forcing him back onto his seat. He was a little thankful though, he didn't know what he would do if she wasn't there.

"Why are you standing up for him? It's not like you actually have f-" Jane cut herself off, "Oh. I answered my own question. You like him, don't you?"