The Destruction of My Feelings and Castle Byers

E*TING DISORDER TW.

"Aww, look!" Jane taunted, "Willy's gonna cry!"

The lunchroom bursted into laughter, making Will's face heat up with embarrassment. This couldn't be happening. This could not be happening. He ran out of the lunchroom, wiping his tears vigorously. He heard someone coming after him. "Wait, wait! I can explain!"

He whipped around to see Mike in front of him, "How could you?!" He wiped his tears, which wouldn't stop coming.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I told you my life, I showed you my special place, I let you be my first kiss!" Will shouted angrily, "I trusted you!"

Mike stayed silent, a look of pity on his face. Will felt his cheeks burn, this was possibly one of the worst days of his life. Well, definitely not the worst. That spot was saved for that day with his dad. "God! You're such a fucking asshole!" He was surprised by this. Will had never cursed like that a day in his life.

"Why did I think you were any different?!" Will yelled. He shoved past Mike, still wiping his eyes. He needed to leave, he needed to go home, he needed his mom-he got an idea.

Once Will was in a bathroom near the nurses office and a good distance away from Mike, he knelt down on the dirty floor in a stall. Sure, it was disgusting, but it was the only way. He pressed two fingers to the back of his throat. He began gagging and coughing. He pulled his fingers out and quickly threw up his lunch. Will hoped it was loud enough for someone to hear and tell the nurse.

Fortunately, someone did hear. After he flushed the toilet, washed his hands around 6 times and dried them off, he left the bathroom. The nurse was peeking her head around the doorway, "Hey, was that you who got sick?"

"Mhm."

"Go to my office. I'll get someone to pick up your homework and backpack, then I'll call your guardian to take you home. What's your name?"

"Will Byers."

"Okay, thank you."

Around 20 minutes later, he had his backpack and homework next to the small bed he was laying on. He heard the nurses call to his mother, and he could just hear her worried voice from the other line. She was soon in the office, "Will! I'm here, let's go home."

He got up, swung his backpack over his shoulder, and followed his mom outside of the large school. They got into the car together, Will was in the passenger seat. "Did something happen?"

"No, mom. I just got sick, that's all that happened."

"Symptoms?"

"Just...my heart hurts. A lot."

"When did this start?"

"In the middle of lunch. Can I go to Castle Byers instead of my room? It makes me feel better."

"Uh...sure, honey."

-20 MINUTES LATER-

Will ran his hands along the soft material of Mike's sweatshirt. It hurt so much. So fucking much. He looked around and saw his green notebook. He flipped open the pages. The first page that mentioned Mike.

Today we went to the coffee shop! He's so sweet, I love him so much.

He flipped to the next page, sniffling.

Today we talked about his family. They seem so nice!

He got more embarrassed, sad, and angry with every page filled with his name. Every fucking page. He ripped them all out, crumbling them up. He then got the baseball bat near the entrance and went outside with it. "You're so stupid!" Will said to himself. He swung at the small structure, causing some sticks to collapse.

You said you were mine, I thought you were mine

He continued bashing it harshly with the bat, using all the skills his father taught him when he was younger. Eventually, the roof caved in and crashed down into the mattress. He then grabbed the notebook along with ripped out papers and went inside.

"Sweetie, are you okay? Something's really loud-"

He went over to the open fireplace, lit a match and flicked it onto the wood. They only used this around Christmas, which is why Joyce was even more confused. He gave the notebook one last glance, then chucked it into the fireplace. Then the papers.

Let Hawkins residents how William reacted when you broke his heart. You've thrown it all away and now watch it-

Burn. He stood in front of the flames, still sobbing.

And when the time comes, explain to my mother, the pain and embarrassment, you put your "boyfriend" through-

AN: this probably doesn't make sense but oh well