Your Friends Are Sweet!

Mike was walking to his last class before lunch when Dustin came up to him. "Hey, dude! How was your hot date last night?" Dustin purred.

Mike rolled his eyes, "Ugh. He's so boring! I wish he'd be more, I don't know, interesting?"

"I'll pay you my entire allowance if you keep this up for two more months."

Mike thought for a second. Well, dealing with this guy for two months couldn't be so bad. He just had to humor him for a while, what's the worst that could happen?

He enters the cold classroom, crispy air hitting his face instantly. He saw Will sitting in the back, a pencil pressed firmly between his fingers. It danced along the paper, making a beautiful picture. Mike had to admit that he was pretty talented. He sat down next to him, causing Will to flinch. "What? Am I not allowed to sit with my boyfriend?"

He laughed at the way Will blushed at the statement. He was so fucking gullible, it was almost cute. "Wait-What? Boyfriend? I-"

"I mean, yeah," Mike whispered, "Unless you don't want the offer?"

"N-no...I want it," Will whispered back, widening his eyes. Mike smirked, this boy was so stupid. This was going to be fun.

Wheeler nodded and waited for class to begin. He couldn't help but notice the beautiful drawing the boy next to him was drawing. Boy, was he sure good at art. Too bad he isn't very bright. Kind of naive, if you asked Mike. Who would immediately accept a date invitation to a random guy? Well, Michael thought of himself as very good looking, so he didn't blame him. He scribbled down a quick note and passed it to Will.

ᔕIT ᗯITᕼ ᗰᗴ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗰY ᖴᖇIᗴᑎᗪᔕ ᗩT ᒪᑌᑎᑕᕼ TOᗪᗩY. ᗯᗴ'ᖇᗴ ᗩᒪᗯᗩYᔕ ᑎᗴᗩᖇ Tᕼᗴ ᗷᖇOKᗴᑎ ᗯIᑎᗪOᗯ Oᑎ Tᕼᗴ ᒪᗴᖴT ᔕIᗪᗴ

Will quickly wrote a response back.

𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆 ☺︎︎

Sometimes, people are too trusting for their own good.

♡︎12:09♡︎

Mike waited for his "boyfriend" to arrive in the lunchroom. His friends all agreed that this would be one of the funniest experiences they've had yet. There was Will Byers, standing in the middle of the commotion.

He waved him over and Jane started snickering. Will arrived at the small circular table, "Oh, is this who you are telling us about, Mike?" Max asked, he could tell she was faking for his own benefit.

"Yep!" He swallowed a laugh, "My amazing boyfriend."

Lucas snickered, "You two are such a cute couple."

"Mhm. I love him so much."

They spent the rest of the lunch period ripping on Will, but Dustin stopped after a while. He just ate in silence. Mike didn't understand why, this was fun! Seeing how stupid Will could be was hilarious. Mike had never met someone this naive. So trusting, too trusting.

The bell rang, interrupting all of their fun. The rest of his friends left, leaving Mike and Will alone. "So, what do you think?"

"Your friends are sweet! I've never met people as supportive as them."

He didn't know why, but a pit of guilt boiled in his stomach after hearing that sentence. He shrugged it off as him not eating enough food, that was probably it!