Lunchtime Sucks Balls.

"No! No-then he," Max laughed, "He was like "o-o-oh u-um I-don't know! I swear, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen."

"Him and his brother are such weirdos," Jane scoffed, eating her salad.

"His brother is a creep too. I saw him taking pictures outside of Nancy's window," Mike giggled. They were discussing the infamous Will Byers. He was a weird kid, to Mike anyways. They've never really talked.

"Seriously, he's so queer too. I saw him staring at this guy yesterday in English," Lucas gagged, disgusted.

Mike didn't know why that word hurt to hear.

"He's probably so desperate that he'd love anyone!" Dustin declared, "Wait. I have an idea."

"What is it?"

Dustin turned to him, "Mike. You ask him out. Then date him for, like, two months. It'll be hilarious!"

Max clapped gleefully, "Yes! Do it Mike!" Jane nodded enthusiastically.

"Oh my god. Yes!" Lucas hooted.

Mike rolled his eyes, "No! He's far from my type."

Max rolled her eyes and groaned, "Pussy."

"Am not!"

"Are so."

"Do it, if you're so brave," Lucas insisted, "I think he's in the library. We'll go with you."

Mike groaned, god this was terrible. He complied and got up, everyone cheering after him. The small group followed him down the hallway, making sounds of excitement. They soon entered the library, which seemed completely barren.

Jane pointed over to a table, "He's over there!" They pushed him towards the boy, who was lost in a book. He sighed and prepared for the worst, Will becoming happy. He sat down across from him, Will not noticing Mike. He coughed.

Will looked up and his eyes widened. Mike tried to suppress his giggles, "Hey, what're you reading?"

"..."

"Cool," Mike smirked, "Are you doing anything after school?"

Will shook his head.

"You're coming with me to the coffee shop. I've seen you around and just noticed how cute you were," Mike coughed, trying not to burst out in laughter.

Wills face turned bright red and he looked away, "Uh-um-sure!" He finally spat out, giving Mike a weak smile.

"Meet me at locker 4269, alright?"

"Okay!"

"Cool, cya around," Mike got up and turned around, letting go of a deep breath. He saw his friends on the other side and ran over to them. He finally let go of the laughter, then joining him.

Will, on the other hand, couldn't be happier. A cute guy just flirted with him and asked him out! His cheeks heated up in excitement. This was the most unexpected yet best experience he has had in his life so far.

Anyways, Mike was so close to breaking down in laughter. This dude really believed he was interested, huh? Jane insisted on going through the whole nine yards. Hand holding, kissing, etc. Max suggested that they'd even let him sit at their table, to which everyone agreed.

Something about this didn't feel right. It felt wrong. But hey, maybe he was just being a pussy. This would be hilarious.

♡︎

It was finally the end of the day. His friends agreed they would all go to the coffee shop with Mike and Will, which just made him even more embarrassed. They all followed him to his locker and waited for Will, "This is gonna be hilarious!"

Soon, the small boy was coming their way. He stopped in his tracks once seeing the huge crowd. Mike ran over to him, "Hey! You ready?"

Will nodded. Mike grabbed his hand and they walked out of school, his friends cheering him on the entire way. "So, tell me about yourself. I know you're shy."

"Uhm," Will's voice was barely above a whisper, "I...I like to draw...and hang out with my mom...and read."

"Cool. You know, I always thought you were pretty cute," Mike lied straight through his teeth, "I'm surprised you're single."

Will's face turned even more pink, "Th-thank you..."

"No problem," he opened the door and waited for Will to get inside. The bitter yet captivating smell of roasting coffee beans waved through his nostrils. Freshly baked cinnamon rolls sat on a white tray on a counter. Mike took out the 5$ he had left from lunch and began studying the menu, "What do you want?"

"Uh...um...I don't...I don't need anything. I'm not hungry."

"Alright," Mike shrugged and ordered a cookie. The girl behind the counter gave him a questioning look then began finding the cookies. She slid it over to him and took his money.

They found a secluded corner to occupy. They set down their backpacks and sat on the floor, "So, Byers, tell me more. What else do you like?"

"Uhm...nothing much. I'm kinda boring...sorry."

"Wanna sit with me and my friends tomorrow? They're dying to meet you."

"Sure," Will mumbled, "I don't have anywhere else to sit, anyways..."

"Cool."