Epilouge

AN: idgaf if the wheelers are republicans/homophobic in canon. LET MIKE HAVE AN ACCEPTING FAMILY DAMMIT 👹

Will knocked on the Wheeler residence, wearing his best outfit. Him and Mike were going on their first date after all. A blonde woman answered the door with a small girl clinging onto her legs. "Hey! Who are you?" The woman asked.

"Will Byers, ma'am."

"Oh my gosh, you are cute!" The woman grinned. She beckoned him inside with a smile. "Mike is in the shower right now. But its so great to finally meet you! I'm Mike's mom, but you can just call me Karen. I overhear him talking about you all the time. Always talking about how cute and nice you are. Oh, this is Holly. " She gestured to the little girl clinging onto her for leg dear life. Will gave them both a wave, Holly gave him a shy one in return. "Ted! Come here!"

A man lifted himself from the couch to go see what the commotion was. "Who's this?"

"Mikes boyfriend!"

"Nice to meet you," Ted grinned. He shook Wills hand with a smile similar to his wife's. "Ted Wheeler. Mike's father."

"Hello, you guys have a very nice house."

"Why thank you!" Karen gasped. She nudged her husband. "He's definitely a keeper."

This whole family seemed kind. Will had expected Mike's family to be full of rich snobs (which is rude he will admit) but they were so damn kind! He had barely noticed Holly tugging on his sleeve. "Yeah?" Will gave her a kind smile. She showed him a crudely colored purple unicorn. "That's really good!"

Holly giggled as Nancy left the kitchen to join the rest of her family in bombarding Mike's new boyfriend. "Will! It's great to see you again."

"Hi, Nancy."

"Guys, has anyone seen my-" Mikes voice broke through the room. He stared at his family and boyfriend in pure horror. "Oh my god. He's here? Why didn't any of you even tell me?!"

"Your boyfriend is so nice!" Karen ignored her sons question. Mike gave her a glare.

"Not to mention you guys borderline harassing him, surrounding him like a bunch of sharks!"

"We were not harassing him!" Nancy protested.

"Can you stay for dinner?" Ted turned to Will. Before he could answer, Mike was already rejecting the idea.

"Oh nonononono. He definitely doesn't wanna stay after you guys forced him inside to answer questions!"

"Actually," Will spoke up. "I'm fine with staying. I'd love to meet your family."

Mike let out a long and dramatic sigh but complied. Karen clapped her hands and immediately got started on dinner while the rest of her family led Will into the living room. "Do you wanna color with me?" Holly asked, her voice barely above a whisper. "Mike told me you're real good at coloring."

"Oh, he did?" Will turned around to smirk at his boyfriend. Mike looked away with a reddish tint on his face. "Of course I will!"

Holly let out a laugh of delight and pulled him to the coffee table. Crayons were spilled all over it along with a coloring book with a bright cover. She flipped it open to a half finished drawing with a Pegasus and a pony with poofy, curly hair. Will grabbed a pink crayon and started following Holly's instructions. "Mmh. You know, Mike was real stubborn as a kid. There was this one time on vacation that he-"

"DAD!" Mike hissed.

"What? The story's sweet."

"What story?" Will briefly paused his coloring.

"He refused to let me and his mom leave until we told the lifeguard to check Nancy out. She got a cramp while swimming and Mike thought she got stung by a jelly fish. We spent nearly an hour convincing him that she's fine!"

"Awe, that is sweet."

"Dad, is it your obligation to humiliate me in front of all of our guests?" Mikes voice was muffled due to his hands covering his entire face.

"You are so dramatic," Nancy scoffed. "Will isn't even laughing at you."

"It's about the morality!" Mike insisted.

"Morality my as-"

"LANGUAGE!" Ted called from the couch. He continued to read his newspaper despite his two oldest children glaring at him.

The smell of casserole wafted through the air about an hour later. Karen called the family and guest to the table for dinner a little later. Each of them took their respective spots, Will decided to sit between Nancy and Mike.

"So, Will, how did you meet Mike?" Karen asked after swallowing a spoonful of food. Will and Mike shared a quick look then looked back at her.

"School. We share a class and we had a project together," Will replied. Karen nodded and continued eating. Silence was occasionally broken by a sip of water or chewing.

"Will, why do you like Mike?" Nancy spoke up. "Not judging. Just wondering what you like about him."

"Is every single thing an acceptable answer?"

Karen let out a small 'aww' and clutched her heart. Nancy shrugged and scooped more food onto her fork. "Guess it is," she affirmed.

"You've gotten him in such a good mood lately," Ted added on. "I can see why. You're kind."

Mike let out a groan and covered his pink face. The Wheeler family continued asking Will so many questions, including his hobbies, interests, and family life. "This was delicious, Mrs. Wheeler. Thank you."

"Aw! No problem, you're welcome over here any time. In fact, I'll just clean up your plate for you. Mike, bring yours."

"Fine," he huffed. He turned to Will. "You can go to my bedroom so we can hang out."

Will nodded and left the room, Karen and Mike both went to the kitchen. She immediately turned over to her son and gave him a giant grin. "He is adorable! I love that boy!"

"Mom. Did you have to humiliate me in front of him?"

"I did not." She grabbed Mike's plate from his hands. She ruffled his hair and gave him a kiss on his forehead. "You can go. But keep the door unlocked."

Mike found Will looking at the posters taped up in his room, admiring the art on them. Mike prayed internally to himself that Will wouldn't find his own drawings that Mike forgot to put away. Will turned to him and smiled. "I love your family."

"They're such meddlers! They harassed you the entire night."

"They're so sweet, Mike!" Will playfully scolded him. "You can meet mine next, if it'll make you feel better."

Mike remembered the dirty look Jonathan gave him the last time he was over their house.
"Uh..."

AN: ooc but do I care? No!! I'm so glad this book is over. I hate writing El as mean but it was a last minute decision. Next book will have her bubbly and happy <3