This Is Modern Feminism Talking

I expect to run the world in shoes I cannot walk in!

Lucas and Will were just walking down the school parking lot when Max showed up next to Lucas. "Hey, babe!" She slung an arm around him. He gave her a light peck on her lips. "Hi, Will!"

"Oh, uh, hey!" Will wasn't expecting to get addressed by her.

"Have you told him yet, Lucas?"

"Told him what?"

"Duh! I have something to give you, you even helped pay for it, Lucas!" Max swatted his shoulder playfully. Lucas only snickered. Max then dug in her backpack, pulled out a plastic bag full of stuff, then handed it to Will. The redhead gave him a smile. "I don't know how well you do with apology gifts but here. I heard you talking about them once. But here's your 'I'm sorry for being a typical high school asshole' gift."

Will pulled out a lime green notebook and a medium pack of colored pencils. He looked up at Max with a bright smile. "What?! You didn't have to- oh my god!" Byers laughed. He hugged the notebook to his chest.

"What's your first drawing gonna be?" Lucas asked once Will sat down, Max following in pursuit. The couple sat on the curb and watched Will open up his new gifts. He then reached into his backpack for a pencil and his old notebook. "I'm not sure yet, but I'll show you guys when I finish this notebook. Then I'll start on the new notebook." Will stuck out his tongue in concentration while lightly drawing out the guidelines.

"But for now, I'm drawing..." He mumbled as he started the sketch. "You guys."

Max and Lucas watched in awe as Wills pencil danced across the paper, eventually forming two figures that were obviously them. "You make me look so pretty."

"Damn, dude. You could make a living off of this," Lucas commented.

"You think?" Will tilted his head bashfully.

"I don't just think. I know."

Lucas shot Will another smile and continued watching him draw. Honestly, making an art piece with an audience watching was so nerve-wracking! But at least they weren't saying anything negative.

"How long have you been drawing?" Lucas asked.

"I'd say...since I was 3 or 4 maybe..?"

"Jesus Christ! Well, I guess I'm not surprised. How else could you get this good?" Lucas mumbled to himself.

"Yeah! Can you draw me something for my English homework? I promise I'll pay you," Max begged. Will only chuckled and continued drawing.

"Oh yeah, speaking of English class, guess who was blowing up my phone the other day?" Lucas asked Max.

"Who? Yasmin?" She tapped her chin. "Oh...Mike."

Will flinched at the name.

"Yeah. I swear he doesn't know how to think for himself sometimes. He was begging for me to help him apologize to-"

Max flicked Lucas' forehead. "He's right here and you're talking about his ex?! Have a little sympathy!"

"No, it's fine," Will mumbled. He fixed his eyes back on the paper but could practically feel Max's glare towards Lucas.