Advice From Mama

In case you're wondering, the chapters are so short because they're building up to a big one.
Will parked his bike outside of the small convenience store, the setting sun lifting his mood instantly. He opened the door and saw his mother restocking the shelves, very focused. He tapped on her shoulder, causing the woman to flinch, "Hey hon! Where were you?"

He giggled and blushed deeply. Should he tell his mom? Why wouldn't he, isn't that what you do with your boyfriend? "With someone..."

She gasped and laughed, "Oh? Who is this mystery person?"

"My boyfriend," it felt so good to just finally say it. To finally confirm that yes, he was finally taken by someone. His mothers grin only widened.

"What's his name?"

"Mike Wheeler!" What a perfect name for such a perfect, beautiful, person. Their love was so genuine and real, he couldn't. He couldn't believe he had gotten so lucky. Nobody had ever loved him like this before.

"Oh, I've heard of him," Joyce's tone softened. Her expression fell a bit, he didn't understand why. Was she not happy for him? "He used to date the police chiefs daughter. I've heard a lot about him."

Will chewed on the inside of his cheek. Mike couldn't be bad, right? "Should I not date him?" He tilted his head.

Joyce stroked his cheek and kissed his forehead. Her face just screamed pity. "Just...be careful with that one, love. He'll do what it takes to survive."

At the time, he didnt know what his mother meant by that. The words were stuck in the back of his mind. What did she mean? What could, or would, Mike do to him in order to survive? But he didn't ask her any questions. Will decided it was her just being paranoid. Mike wouldn't do that. Hopefully.

Back at the Wheeler household, the family was eating dinner at the large wooden table. Mike stabbed his steak with a fork and shoved it into his mouth, chewing aggressively. This entire thing was so confusing. Why would he do that? "Michael! You're going to break the plate!" Karen scolded her son. He looked up and rolled his eyes.

"Who was that kid you had over earlier?" His father asked, chewing on a piece of chicken, "Is he a project partner or something?"

"Yeah," Mike hoped that he was convincing enough. Nancy was just staring at him, shaking her head slowly.

"He seems sweet. What's his name?"

Mike agreed with Ted on that one. Will really was a sweetheart, just way too trusting for his own good, "Will Byers."

Nancy choked on her drink and covered it up with a cough. He looked over at his older sister, glaring. She mouthed something aggressively, but he couldn't decipher it. Nonetheless, he flipped her off and continued eating, "Not in front of Holly!" Karen sighed.

Mike eventually finished his food and took his place to the kitchen. He really didn't feel like sleeping, so he started to wash it instead. Nancy soon entered the room, her arms crossed, "I know you're lying. I've heard your friends say how much of an idiot Will is!"

"What's it to you?"

"I know his brother. He's a really sweet kid, what're your plans with him?"

"Nothing, okay? It's just a stupid joke my friends came up with," Mike snapped back at her sassily. She sighed and left him alone, making Mike finally feel happy. The warm water splashed onto his hands as he finished scrubbing the last bit of food off of his plate. He soon decided to go to bed. He had a lot to think about.

After changing into grey sweatpants and a loose tee, he hopped into bed. The lights flickered off once he clapped his hands, yes, his family was that rich. Anyways, he couldn't help but stare at the ceiling. What would he do? Why was he suddenly feeling all this guilt for some stupid boy he met?

Well, the least he could do was be his friend. He wasn't attracted to Will, no way. He just liked his kisses, that's it.