NINE

After the little situation at The Three Broomsticks, Lydia decided that an hour or so alone would be best for her, to calm down. The girl had a power nap before going in the shower to freshen up for the Gryffindor party later on.

Once out the shower and in some comfortable clothes, Lydia stepped out the bathroom to see her two room-mates sat on their beds, helping each other pick clothes for what they were going to wear later.

"Hey" Angelina smiled softly at her.

"Hi" Lydia replied, smiling back. She walked to her bed, plopping herself down onto the made bed there was silence between the three girls. "Listen, i'm sorry I didn't mean to snap like that. It's Fred, he just really knows how to get on my nerves!"

Florence shook her head, "You're good. We know he does, besides you have every right to be angry at him"

"Really?" Lydia asked,

"Yeah if he put all the blame on me in a situation where i wasn't involved, i'd dropkick him" Angelina replied, causing the other two to laugh.

"Anyways!" Florence slapped her knees before standing up and heading over to the end of Lydias bed and opening her trunk, "We have a party to get ready for! What are you wearing?"

The next few hours consisted of the three girls getting all giggly, pre-drinking in their dorm room and getting ready for the party tonight. They decided not to go all fancy, as they'd just be downstairs but they still all looked stunning and ready to have a good night.

Once Lydia, Florence and Angelina were all ready, they were ready to go down to the common room. They opened their door to see some other Gryffindor girls also coming out their dorms, all dresses and ready. As they walked down the stairs to the common room, the louder the music and chatter got. They reached the bottom of the stairs and the first thing they saw was Lee Jordan on a table asking,

"WHO WANTS TO SEE ME STRIP?" he shouted, which caused the whole common room to cheer. The three girls stood and watched him dance on the table and they looked at each other for a moment, before laughing.

"Lee!" Angelina shouted across the room as they walked in, "It's not even seven!". That conversation became inaudible as Angelina walked further into the common room full of all houses and all years (above 3rd!).

The music became louder and louder and Lydia had lost Florence on the way to find the beer table. She stood on her toes slightly to find her blonde friend, where she found her flirting with a girl. Lydia rolled her eyes, laughing slightly before continuing her quest to the alcohol.

Once she was there, pouring herself a drink, she heard a voice.

"Hey!" There was an arm around Lydia now, "Are you okay?!" George shouted slightly in her ear so Lydia could hear him. Lydia put her thumb up at her friend as she basically inhaled her cup of alcohol. "I know you, you're drinking because you're angry!"

"Me?? Angry??" Lydia spoke, "Where'd you get that idea?"

"Considering you threw a tantrum a few hours ago" George poured himself a drink, "I'm just assuming that's reason you've been here five minutes and you're now on your second-"

Lydia drank another.

"Oh. Third drink" he laughed at her, "Watch what you're doing, Lydia".

"Shot?" She asked, and George nodded. The two poured themself a shot of whatever they found on the table and took them together. "Thank you! I needed that" Lydia spoke but he didn't reply, his eyes were elsewhere.

She followed his eyes to land on the girl that Florence was talking to not even ten minutes ago. It was Amelia Davis, the girl who Fred claimed to have a thing for George a few days ago.