TWELVE

"Fred!" a very frustrated Lydia whisper yelled in the corner of the library, "It's not that hard, I beg you just listen to me for once in your life!"

"Shhhhh" Madam Pince came over to their table, "Mr Weasley, Miss Carter. If I have to even think about coming over here one more time, i'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"But..." Fred looked around the library, "We're literally the only ones here."

"No you're not" Pince shook her head, "I'm here." she crossed her arms defensively, "Besides, shouldn't you two be in your common room by now?"

"Curfew for fifth, sixth and seventh years isn't until 11:15" Lydia spoke.

"And it's..." Fred looked at his wrist, where there was no watch at all, "not that time!". This caused Lydia to snort but brushed it off as a sneeze when Pince shot her a glare.

"Mr Weasley, your cheek gets worse every year. Do you know that?" Pince raised her eyebrows at the ginger.

"I'd say I do try, but I don't" he smiled, cheekily at Madam Pince, where she just gave in and left the two to finish whatever they were doing.

It was now about a month into the school year. The last four weeks consisted of Lydia and Fred in the library or common room trying to do their Transfiguration project that got set not long ago, but it always ended up in a bicker or them getting kicked out of the library. It also consisted of talk about the first task of the Triwizard Tournament, which would happen soon and also non-stop talk about The Yule Ball. Which Lydia, was frankly sick of.

Fred and Lydia laughed slightly as Pince walked away from them. This was the only time in a long time that they had gotten along with each other, without it ending violently - like breaking somebody's wrist. Fred ran his hands through his hair and Lydia yawned,

"Maybe we should go, stop for the night." Lydia closed her books about to pack them into her bag, "I'm tired."

"Boring."

"What do you mean, boring?" Lydias eyebrows nitted together in confusion, "You're not saying you want to spend more time with me, Weasley. Are you?" she teased.

Fred scoffed and looked at the girl with a weird expression on his face for a moment before he spoke, "Absolutely not. I'd rather use the bathroom after George." he shook his head,

"Damn, i'm really that bad??" Lydia put her hand to her chest, "I'm so hurt, use kinder words next time, Weasley."

There was a moment of silence between them as they both packed up their equipment, until Fred gasped unexpectedly.

"Jesus christ you'll give me a heart attack one da-"

"What's the time?!" Fred tapped on the table, "Look at your-" he grabbed Lydias wrist and looked at her watch, "Oh my god, we've got to go!"

"We?! What do you mean, We? I'm not going anywhere with you!" Lydia stood up, throwing her bag over his shoulders.

"Fine" Fred also stood up, shrugging, "I'll let you go to the common room, where George is down Amelias throat, Angelina and Lee bickering and Florence reading that book she's been reading since third year." he shrugged, "Your choice."

Fred started walking towards the library doors to leave and stopped when Lydia sighed and followed him, "Fine." she rolled her eyes, "I don't want to come with you, I'm just curious of where you're going"

"And I don't want you to come, I'm just saving you from the boring gits that are our friends" Fred replied, "See, I'm being nice." he looked down at Lydia