Chapter 31

(Sarah's POV)

"Jerome?!" I called out.

I heard a clatter in the bathroom and all of a sudden Jerome popped out with his face all red.

"Haha are you okay?" I chuckled as I went to hug him.

"N-no..." He stuttered.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"We need to get out of here as soon as we can."

"But w-" I was cut off by a kiss.

"Trust me." He whispered.

"I do." I nodded.

Sophia and I stayed in the chair for the night. It was a long day.

(Jerome's POV)

Once I saw that Sarah and Sophie were asleep I quickly got up and went to the bathroom. As I moved, I felt a jolt of pain from my side, rise to my shoulder. I opened the door slowly and closed the door behind me.

"Took you long enough." a voice said.

"How did you even get here?" I asked.

"She drove me here." It said.

"Who's 'she'?"

"Don't you recognize me?" The figure came into the light of the moon.

"Mitch..." I whispered.

"Jasmine finally woke up and we drove here. Ashely told us everything." Mitch explained.

Mitch went on explaining how Sarah betrayed Jasmine and him. But that isn't her. I know my wife and she wouldn't try to kill my best friend.

"I SAW IT!" Mitch yelled. "I SAW HER POINT THE GUN AT ME."

"Mitch, calm down. You've been in a coma for weeks. Maybe we should all go home and talk about this." I explained.

"Did she stab you?" Mitch glanced at me.

"No! She wouldn't."

"How well do you know your wife? Ever wonder where she went all those months ago? Sarah never told you where so went or what she did, did she? You don't know her Jerome. I saw what I saw and she's been lying to you." Mitch said angrily.

"You're lying!" I yelled.

I ran up to Mitch and pushed him in the shower door. It left a crack there. I smashed him into it again and it broke. Punches were thrown everywhere. Mitch raised his arm and hit me across the face. I fell to the floor in pain.

I need to keep fighting...

As I tried to get up, Mitch kicked me where I was stabbed. My side throbbed and tears formed in my eyes. I jump up and punch Mitch where he was shot. He falls to his knees, gasping for air.

"Pathetic." I mumbled and kick him in the stomach.

I looked over and saw Sarah standing in the doorway. She looked at me with sorrow. Sophia was in her arms, still asleep. Our eyes met, she looked at me then turned away quickly.

All I heard was Sarah walking out of the room, and the door slamming.

••••
Yay! I finished early! Okay, here's this weeks update. See you next Friday!

-Sarah
XOXO