Chapter 17

(Sarah's POV)

"Jerome I don't know if I can forgive you..." I said to him.

"Sarah I thought we made up last night." He sighed.

"I don't know... I just need time." I got up out of bed.

Jerome laid there breathing slowly. His eyes were shut and his arm over his face. I know I probably shouldn't feel bad for him, but I do. I do because he's losing me. He lost Mitch too. And everything he does doesn't turn out right. He did this to himself though. The sad part is that I can tell he cheated on me more than that one time he was drunk and that really hurts me. Jerome is lying to me and is too much of a coward to admit it. I don't want to confront him about this because I still love him. I always will. But I'm hurt. It's like I wasn't good enough for him. What am I talking about? I'm not good for anyone.

I walk downstairs and pour myself a bowl of cereal. I look over to the living room to see it's trashed. Jerome wouldn't do this. We made an agreement to keep the house as neat as possible. A hand slid around my waists and kissed the top of my head.

"Jerome stop..." I tried to escape.

"No. I love you and I want you to forgive me." Jerome kissed my cheek.

"I-I don't think I'm ready..."

"That's what she said." He chuckled.

Jerome spun me around and brought me in close to him. I looked up at him with pain glared in my eyes. He leans in and our lips meet. I'm hesitant to kiss back but soon our lips are moving in some sort of rhythm.

I guess this means I forgive him.