Chapter 6

(Sarah's POV)
"Oh my god! So I was thinking that we should go on a road trip and just go wherever we want!" I said jumping up and down.

"Oh really? Who's gonna go on this trip? Sophia is in the hospital now. We can't just leave..." Jerome explained.
He has a point. We can't just leave Sophia here in LA. She's in the hospital and if any news comes up, her parents should be there...

"Yeah... I guess you're right. I was just thinking we could go for a few days. I need to get out of this city. It's so depressing nowadays." I frowned.

"Jasmine and Mitch should come with us." He said.

"Eww why? Jasmine isn't my friend anymore, remember?"

"Yes. But Mitch is still my best friend. It would only be right if-"

"No. I'm sorry but I can't stand her. Either I stay home and you go with them, or we can have some time to just the two of us." I cut him off.

"Babe... Look, I know you're upset about the whole... Flight of stairs thing, but it's time you guys made up. Mitch and I were talking and we think it's a good idea if we let you girls just sort your problems out together." Jerome sighed.

I couldn't make up with Jasmine. Never again. I honestly can't stand to be around her... It brings too much pain. What she did with Sophie is unforgivable. I can't afford to lose another child.