Chapter 18

(Sarah's POV)

"I need to tell you something Jerome..." I pulled away from him.

"Anything babe." He took my hands.

"It's about Mitch..." I looked up at him.

+++

"Sarah, no one can know about this. Not Jasmine. No one." Jerome said packing quickly.

"Jerome stop! We don't even know what happened!" I exclaimed.

"I love you so much." He kissed me. "But I think it's best if we go, get Sophia and leave."

"And what about Isabella? Jasmine isn't exactly conscious at the moment." I said grabbing his arm. "We need to stay here."

"I-I can't." Jerome sighed.

"Why? Because of what I told you?" My eyes were filled with tears.

I don't want to move. I don't want to leave. I want to stay here with Jasmine. Even if I die like Mitch...

"Here's to the past then..." Jerome hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "We have to move.... I'm sorry."

I cried into his shirt. I don't want to leave the memories here. I want them to stay. The good and the bad.

+++

"Yes, Sophia Aceti..." The doctor mumbled her name a few more times. "Ah yes. She's right down the hall. Follow me please."

Sophia is lying there wide awake. My eyes are filled with tears and I run over to her. I pick her up and hug her.

"I missed you so so much." I whispered into her ear.

Jerome and I dropped off Isabella to stay there with Jasmine. We couldn't take care of her anyway.

We drove for what seemed like forever. The road kept going on and on. I fell asleep a couple of times. Jerome drove all night without sleep.

+++

It's the second night we've been traveling and we finally stopped at a hotel for the night. Jerome instantly fell asleep and I laid awake until the morning. We were back on the road again for another 2 days. Finally we reached wherever we were going.

"I think it's time you met my parents." Jerome smiled at me.

Does this mean he drove all the way to New Jersey?

•••
How about updating Friday's and Sunday's? For now at least.

-Sarah
XOXO