Chapter 10

(Mitch's POV)

"Everything is going to be alright. I'll go talk to Jerome tomorrow. I promise." I let Jasmine sit on my lap.

Jasmine still had her beautiful, wavy red hair but nowadays it's just pulled up and frizzy. I think it's because she's so stressed out.

"I think you should put your hair down babe." I said trying to ease the stress.

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?!" She snapped "I'm sorry I'm just stressed."

After that I decided to take a nap.

*dream*

"Mitch....." A voice called from a distance.

"Mitch....." It called again but closer.

"MITCH.....!" It screamed now close to my face.

"Why did you leave me? Why did you let me marry Jerome?" It was Sarah.

"I-I love Jasmine" I struggled to get out.

"But you don't." She was behind me now.

I quickly looked behind me. Nothing. I turned my head and there she was. A few inches away from me. Sarah was wearing a white gown. Not like a wedding gown but like a hospital gown.

"You still love me. You still have feelings for me."

"No... No I don't. I love Jasmine... I-"

"SHUT UP!" An eerie voice screeched.

"TELL ME YOU LOVE HER. TELL ME THE TRUTH." The voice belonged to Jasmine.

"Jasmine... I love you. You're going to be my wife... I promise you-" I was again cut off.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Sarah said.

And just like that they disappeared...

*dream ends*

I wake up sweaty and out of breath. I need some fresh air.

"Jasmine? I'm going to Jerome's now. I'll be back soon." I said opening the door.

"Alright. Just don't stay too late." Jasmine ran out from the kitchen and kissed me.

The street is dimmed and ominous. I feel something cold in my face. It's rain. Out of nowhere it starts pouring.

I run to Jerome's as fast as I can but that's the last thing I remember....