Chapter Thirty-Six //

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿
Chloe
✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Hunter fits in surprisingly well with Sam's group of friends in NYC. David and Mateo were outside the restaurant ready to take us to the next venue, a nightclub called 1OAK in Chelsea. Hunter volunteered to ride with me in the SUV to the club, while Sam, Talia, and their group of friends took other forms of transportation. 

Someone had to have tipped the media off, because by the time we left they were on the sidewalk in more numbers than they were when we arrived. Hunter used his sport coat to help shield my face from the flashing cameras above us while we raced to get into the vehicle. David tried to go to the alley but this restaurant didn't have an accessible alleyway exit, so we were stuck going out the front. 

I hopped into the SUV first, sliding to the farthest window with Hunter following closely behind. Soon enough the car begins moving and Hunter breathes a sigh of relief. 

"Damn, girl.. They follow you everywhere now?" Hunter asks. When I look at him, a grin plasters his scruffy face, crooked to one side. I chuckle lightly under my breath, throwing my head back against the headrest. 

"I guess. I don't understand it," I explain to him. "I'm nothing special."

I hear a small puff of air come from his nose as Hunter seems to not believe me.

"Really?" he asks, turning his body to me slightly.

I raise my eyebrow at his question. What is that supposed to mean? Is the alcohol I've had making me defensive, was he trying to compliment me? His gaze travels down to where my hand is resting in the middle seat of the car. He places his giant, warm hand over my own. 

"You're a star, Chloe. Anyone who can't see that is blind. And before you say anything, it has absolutely nothing to do with who you are dating. You have a... magnetism to you." 

Our eyes lock in the backseat of the SUV, and I'm oblivious to the fact that Harry's two heads of security are sitting right in front of us. Quickly, I pull my hand out from under his and place it in my lap, brushing a lock of loose hair behind my ear. 

"That's sweet, Hunter. I want to believe that." 

"You should, it's true." Hunter smiles a close-lipped smile before turning his head toward the front of the SUV, and I mimic his actions. The rest of the car ride is pretty quiet. 

We pull up to 1OAK, which is usually crawling with celebrities anyways, to see the front entrance being hounded by photographers, the only thing separating them from crowding around the door are red velvet ropes on each side. 

"Wait here," David says from the front seat, hopping out and lowering his head to talk to the man at the door of the club. A few mutual head nods and hand gestures later, David is getting back into the driver's seat.