𝐹𝑅𝑂𝑀 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐷𝑅𝐸𝑆𝑆 𝐼 𝑊𝑂𝑅𝐸 𝐴𝑇 𝑀𝐼𝐷𝑁𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇

"Harry?" Gwen asked, as she was surprised to see him back so soon from his office. The raven-haired woman immediately stood up, feeling as though he had come with distressful news. "Did something happen?"

"Not yet" Harry replied, looking tired as Alex let him into the home.

Gwen knew Harry had been quite bothered with Alex moving in, seeing as the two did not necessarily see eye to eye most of the time. The two men glanced at each other, as Harry turned to Gwen as though asking if the two could speak alone.

"I will just go and make myself scarce" Alex said slowly, getting Harry's hint and looking to Gwen before walking upstairs.

"You know, you two are going to have to makeup at some point" Gwen sighed, as she found their relationship exhausting.

"I have no problem with Alex" Harry said with a shrug, as Gwen looked at him with disbelief. "Maybe we don't see eye to eye most of the time, but--"

"You two can't even be in the same room together" Gwen said, shaking her head. She knew the two had been rocky since the war. Mainly because they often disagreed on tactics and had quite different personalities. She often wondered if they would have had a different relationship, had they actually gotten to know each other at Hogwarts. But then again, Alex had been a 7th year when they were 3rd years; there would have been no reason for them to meet. "Never mind, it's a hopeless cause."

Harry joined her at the dinning table, sitting down across from her as he said, "I just wanted to drop by to see how you were doing. I thought you wouldn't want to go tomorrow, after all."

Gwen hesitated, he really did know her if that's where his train of thought had gone. Of course she didn't want to go with everything that had been going on. "I didn't... But I was convinced. We planned this, didn't we? We should follow through with it. I'm sure the team can manage a week without me. Are you able to leave? Wouldn't this be considered an open case?"

"The case was passed on to someone else, but don't worry, Kingsley is looking over it. They should get the blood results back soon and begin to investigate if there is something to investigate there."

"Thank you" Gwen said with relief, knowing Kingsley had been on their side since the beginning of the legislation. "I know that I--"

Suddenly, the front door opened wide only for them to see Astoria bouncing inside of the house with multiple boxes following closely behind her.

"Hiya Harry!" Astoria called joyfully, as she waved in the multiple of her boxes to head upstairs. Have you heard the news? Guess you'll be seeing more of me! HAHA! Oh, I'm so excited! I need a few more boxes! I'll just go up to my room and head back!"

Harry's eyes watched the young girl as she made her way upstairs, waiting for her to shut the bedroom door before he turned back to Gwen with a look of disbelief.

"She's moving in?"

"She needed a place to go" Gwen grinned hesitantly. "I know it's a bit random, but the idea is growing on me a bit."

"Oh. Right. Of course..." Harry said, as she could see the clear frustration on his stunned face.

"What's wrong?"

Harry was quiet as he looked down at his sleeve, playing with the ends of it. The raven-haired woman wanted to frown, as she had no idea what was going on in his head. Did he not like Astoria? Was he annoyed Gwen did not tell him first and he found out by her waltzing in?

"I guess I just thought..." Harry hesitated, as he kept his eyes down. "I thought you would want your own space."

"She needed a place to go," Gwen said clearly, as she leaned down to the table to meet his eyes.