𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑰𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑬𝑺𝑻 𝑪𝑶𝑵 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑰

"Why can't I have my wand?" Malfoy demanded, as he looked through the packed bag that had been brought to him.

"You don't need it" Gwen replied, crossing her arms as she was getting tired of him complaining about everything.

Since they carved out the plan to bring her and Malfoy to Forks, while the Representatives got the trial and press going, they began their journey to Washington. Of course, Harry wasn't on board with the plan and refused to even look at her after the plans were in motion. Edward and Astoria on the other hand, both agreed and prepared for the next steps.

"Astoria will have her wand" Gwen reminded Malfoy, who rolled his eyes at the thought.

"Greengrass wouldn't be able to protect me" Malfoy scoffed. "She--"

"She goes by Balan now" Gwen corrected, ignoring his complaints.

"Balan then" Malfoy said in an annoyed tone. "I could protect myself better--"

"You could protect yourself better without a wand?"

"If I had my wand, I could--"

"Are we ready to go?" Astoria called, walking into the room loudly as she carried her own bag of belongings. "The bad guys aren't going to wait for your pretty little blond head to be ready to go!"

Malfoy looked annoyed as he turned away from both girls, muttering something along the lines of "this isn't the protection I asked for".

"You'll be in charge of him Astoria, when we get to the Cullen's home and if anything happens--" Gwen began.

"I'll take him to a secure location without a second thought" Astoria nodded.

"And if he steps out of line?"

"I'll curse him so that he can't move for three days."

"Perfect" Gwen grinned, as Malfoy looked more annoyed than ever.

"You hear that blondie?" Astoria jested, as Malfoy looked miserable. "I'm in charge."

"And I'm going to be murdered..." Malfoy whispered under his breath.

Gwen grinned slightly in amusement as she looked away, finding a new figure standing the doorway as the familiar green eyes looked at her somberly.

"Before you go" Harry said quietly, glancing at Malfoy and Astoria before looking back at Gwen. "Can I have a word?"

————— ✦ —————

"You know I don't like this plan" Harry said, as he and Gwen moved on from the room and into the hallway.

"You don't get a say in this" Gwen pointed out, crossing her arms as she wondered why she allowed for this conversation to happen.

"I know..."

They both fell quiet, looking away from each other as Gwen felt an exhaustion fall over her. She didn't want to fight anymore. She didn't want to continue being angry.

"I thought we weren't talking" Gwen pointed out.

"I thought so too, but last time you left--" Harry let his words fade, as Gwen knew what he was referring to. The last time she left, she came back with no memory and in love with someone else. But this time was different. They both knew where they stood with each other.

"I know you don't have a wand" Harry said quietly, breaking the silence between them. "I want you to have this one."

Gwen frowned, looking down to the one he passed on to her. It was a familiar wand. It was long and light, except for the tip which was black. She could recognize that wand anywhere, as she remembered the jokes she would often make that it looked as though it were rotting.