𝑀𝐴𝐾𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑆𝐸𝑁𝑆𝐸 𝑂𝐹 𝐼𝑇 𝐴𝐿𝐿

Though Edward had asked her to come with him, she knew this is something he needed to do alone. Besides, they weren't there to disclose their relationship to his entire family. They were there to keep Malfoy protected and herself in hiding. Despite whatever was going on, Malfoy's safety came first. But that didn't stop her from filling Astoria in on what was happening.

"Shut up!" Astoria gasped, choking on her coffee. "You're joking!"

"Out of all the things" Gwen sighed, rubbing her temples and still trying to get a handle on the situation.

"Wow, you as a step mom."

Gwen sighed deeply, trying to get the image of herself with Edward, Bella, and their hybrid baby, "Please don't say that."

"Would you want to be a step mom?"

"No!" Gwen said immediately, and honestly meaning it. "But I want to be with him."

"He certainly loves you."

Gwen nodded, "And I love him. There's just been so much getting in our way to even consider doing this 'normally'. I mean, we haven't even gone out on a proper date and now..." she let her words trail off. Could they even go on a proper date? Her world was so fast paced that she didn't even know if that's what she wanted. All she knew was that it felt right being with him.

"He left his wife to find you after you went missing, I thought that was pretty romantic" Astoria grinned, looking at Gwen with a sparkle in her eye. "He risked it all for you. He risked his life for you, his family."

"I know..."

Astoria looked lost, unable to think of what to say. Of course Gwen didn't expect eternal wisdom, but she was happy to have someone to talk to about this. Despite them being in the middle of a brewing war, this was still something important to her. Edward was important to her.

"Do you even think he's even the father?" Astoria blurted. "I mean, how could it grow so quickly? Didn't they just get married?"

"I have no idea" Gwen said, rubbing her temples again and not wanting to think of the dramatic effects if Bella was lying about something so big. "Something in the vampire magic? A combination of that and being with a human?"

"You said Edward was talking about taking the baby out of her because it was killing her right? Maybe we won't even have to worry about it! Or maybe he'll want nothing to do with Bella or the baby! It does happen!"

Gwen shook her head, "I can't see Edward not being involved. He would want to do right by Bella and the baby."

"You're right, Edward a deadbeat dad? I just can't see it. But he did leave her..."

Gwen went quiet, not knowing what to say. They had both hurt people due to their feelings and being unable to truly act on them. But Edward didn't just breakup with Bella like she did with Harry...He got married to her and was now having a baby. Though he had reassured her he did not intend on changing his mind, she couldn't help but wonder if this would be enough for him to feel obligated to be with Bella.

"Are you worried he'll go back to Bella because of the baby?" Astoria asked quietly, looking at her with concern.

Gwen nodded gently, "The last time we decided to be together, when we wanted to be friends and get to know each other, he went back to Bella. He had his reasons, but still..."

"But you two are different people now."

"I know" Gwen said, closing her eyes rubbed her temple. "I know we are. We've come so far since last time, I don't want to doubt him. I know he would be involved with the baby. I love him and it can work but--"