𝐼 𝐵𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐼𝑇, 𝑆𝑂 𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑌 𝐷𝑂𝑁'𝑇 𝐻𝐴𝑉𝐸 𝑇𝑂

The next few hours weren't any easier. Harry sobered up with the help of some magic, as Ginny was the first to demand to know what happened. He then moved on to the rest of the Weasley's before day break. Later, Gwen heard he had disappeared for quite some time to be alone. Gwen didn't an appearance at all with the Weasley's. Perhaps Rhea had been right, perhaps it would have been best it came from her. But deep down, she knew she wanted it to be Harry because she couldn't bear it for him anymore.

She allowed Ron to hate her, others that had fought against the war to fear her, or those watching from afar to admire her as they saw fit. She bore the weight of the aftermath of the war for others...For her friends.

Or perhaps she was a coward. Unable to face the family of her ex-best friend who tried to kill her.

But she couldn't do it anymore.

Whatever her reasons, she couldn't dwell too much on it, as the first part of the trial would begin.

The Representatives first congregated together, as Rhea and Orla led the emergency meeting. Gwen and Alex sat together while they waited, knowing they could not appear in the meeting as they were not representatives. However, they knew what was going on behind the closed doors. Rhea and Orla would have them each take truth potions, while having them leave their wands at the door.

Of course, Gwen didn't think any of the Representatives were involved. But that didn't mean their close employees were not. The Representatives took their time, perhaps planning out what the next move would be. War had been mentioned...But she knew they would try their best before it to got to that...But how? This wasn't just an insurgence within their country. This was international.

Italy wanted them gone. The Volturi wouldn't stop until the Cullens were gone. There were plans to bring back Voldemort using the Vampire's venom...Who knew if a majority of their people were on the other side. Who knew how far this went...

She knew other governments were watching, including MACUSA. They all knew if The Republic of Magic succeeded, they would be a real threat. A threat to their own ruling, and their own prejudices against other magical species. They were setting a precedent...A precedent for civil war or a call to action for those in other countries who would want to model their government like theirs.

Of course they wanted to see them fall...

"Hey, get your head out of there" Alex's voice broke through her spiraling thoughts.

"From where?"

"Wherever you're off to."

Gwen took a deep breath, rubbing her temples as she continued to feel numb.

"It's just been nonstop since you've been back" Alex said quietly.

"Not a moment of peace, but that's our life."

Alex remained quiet, as she turned to look at him. His blue eyes looked sad, as she had expected some joke coming out of his mouth. But he looked tired. He looked beyond tired, older than his age for sure. Perhaps, the idea of another war brewing was taking a toll on him too. Peace had changed them all.

"There was something about you, when you were Eden. At first, I didn't like it. You weren't you. But then I realized, it was you. But without all of this."

"We can't change who we are."

"This shouldn't be our life all of the time" Alex said, as he ran his hands through his blond hair.

"This is why we do this. So no one else has to--"

"But it's not fair. Why can't we be the ones who live in peace? Can't we catch a fucking break?"