𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 𝒀𝑶𝑼, 𝑩𝑹𝑼𝑻𝑼𝑺 ? 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑰

The swooping sensation was not one Gwen could get used to, that feeling of suffocation. She had no idea how wizards enjoyed traveling like this. As she finally inhaled after what seemed like forever, the air was not quite the same. It was salty and calm, there was a peace in the air as she opened her brown eyes to meet the familiar shores of La Push beach.

"Is this the place?" Alex asked, looking around skeptically to the empty beach with an eyebrow raised. "I don't see any wolves running around."

"Yes" Gwen breathed, feeling a sense of calmness in her chest as she looked around. Carlisle was right, there was something special about it. There was magic there. She could feel it. "This is the place. Come on"

Turning her heels, she ignored the feeling of fear in her stomach that had appeared ever since Edward told her she was a witch. She ignored it as much as she could, but now, with everything that happened, she knew that running away was no longer an option. She was too dangerous to not be able to control her power. Tanya was dead...There was too much at stake...She had to do this.

She had no choice. No matter how terrified she was to learn the truth about who she truly was.

Alex followed her without question, peering at her carefully as he said, "Are you remembering more now?"

"I think...I think since the whole 24-hours that you and Harry came to get me, I've been trying to catch up, trying to remember and just be whoever you all wanted me to be. But, when Tanya died, when we came back here...I realized there was something more important. More important than being terrified."

"What is it?"

"That it's not about me, not really" Gwen said, as Alex's look softened. "I stopped thinking about myself, and started to think about who else would be lost if I didn't find myself again. I can't just...I can't just run away. I'll be a danger to other people. I might be the one bringing the danger, I don't know. But I'm willing to do what I have to. There's no other way..."

Alex's ocean blue eyes softened, as he turned away from her. There was something different about the way he looked, his demeanor changing slightly.

"What is it?" she asked.

"You really did sound like Gwen there."

"I am her, even if I don't feel like her most of the time. I'm letting her guide me, if that makes sense."

"Yeah... I get that" Alex grinned, turning back to her. "I'm glad to have you back, but this has been nice too and--"

"GWEN!" an excited voice shouted in the distance, as she and Alex turned to see two young copper-skinned men running towards them. The two of them looked excited, with bright and smiling smiles shining throughout their entire faces as they approached.

"Do we know them?" Alex muttered, his arm going to his pocket for his wand. "Friend or foe?"

"I'm not sure, but they know us" Gwen said, smiling as she waved at them. "Friends, I believe."

"GWEN, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN LOCA?" the oldest one yelled, as the youngest laughed.

Gwen raised her eyebrow as they approached next to them, "What?"

"Sorry" the oldest chortled. "We try to use that one to clown on Jacob. We know he'll 'see' it later."

"How come you didn't tell us you were visiting?" the youngest demanded with a bright smile, as he looked over to Alex and held his hand out. "I'm Seth."

"I didn't know I was" Gwen admitted, as she couldn't help but feel happy being around Seth.

"Embry is the name" the oldest grinned, nodding towards the blond man.