Chapter 16

Stuck in the motions.

Going through the motions.

I felt like I was in an astral-projection. It's as if my body isn't even mine anymore. It's like I was having an outer body experience in the astral-plane.

I just have a lot on my mind right now and I still can't seem to wrap my head around a lot of things.

"What's got your head in the clouds?" Victoria asked me.

At The Conversion headquarters, Chen, Victoria and I were in the self-defence classroom waiting for instructions on what to do.

I was lying on the floor-my head in the clouds as usual.

Victoria was on her computer trying to hack into something for a future mission.

Chen was practicing her katana skills and swings in front of the mirror.

I haven't seen the boys since morning but I heard they went for some sort of training with Mr. Davis.

"Nothing" I responded "Just thinking"

"About lover boy?"

I smiled at the thought of Justin.

"Partly"

"How is the cutie anyway?"

"He's good"

"Y'all kissed yet?"

"No"

I blushed at the thought of kissing Justin. I've always fantasized about what it would be like. How it will feel to run my hands through his hair. How it will feel to have our lips locked in a passionate embrace while our hearts beat accordingly. How it will feel to have our bodies so close together.

I sighed.

It's just a thought anyways.

"What a shame" she shook her head.

"Yeah" I agreed "A big shame"

Victoria looked at Chen in confusion.

"Chen, what on earth are you doing?"

"Practicing and enhancing my skills" Chen replied as she went on and on doing tricks with her sword.

"This is 2021"

"I'm well aware"

"No one uses those things anymore. That's why we have guns and other machinery"

"Stop" Chen warned.

"It's old fashioned, you know"

I could literally see Chen vibrating with anger.

"Uh Vicky.." I began in an attempt to stop her. Chen looks like she's going to explode any minute.

"I've never seen anyone bother with a katana" she continued.

"Vicky stop"

"This isn't the Middle Ages"

"Ahh!" Chen shouted.

She turned around and swung her katana on Victoria's table making it break into two with her laptop crashing to the floor.

"What the fuck Is wrong with you?" Victoria shrieked "You fucking psycho!"

"A man's honour lies in his sword"

"How's that any of my business?"

She pushed Victoria to the wall and held her in a strong grip.

"Chen, please" I begged.