Chapter 19

After all the hustles and bustles of yesterday, you'd think we would be able to catch a break but we didn't. There is always someone who needs saving and we have to automatically put our lives on hold for them.

Another day, another protest at the Lekki Toll Gate area. It was just as fun and the people were as boisterous as ever. Music blared from the speakers, the youths still stood their ground by blocking the gate and everyone seemed to be having a nice time.

My phone vibrated, indicating that I had a message. I took it out from my back pocket to check who it was

Justin: Where have you been? I miss you.

I pouted.

With everything going on, I didn't have time for myself, let alone my phone which means Justin and I haven't spoken in a few days and it sucked. He lives rent free in my head but I have been too preoccupied.

Me: Sorry. I've just been very busy.

Justin: I understand but can you make out time for me?

Me: I'll try.

Justin: Promise?

Me: Promise.

Justin: Schools are closed and I'm bored as hell. Wanna hang?

Me: LOL. I'm Nigerian, remember? My mom would never let me hang out with a boy.

Justin: She doesn't have to know. You could tell her you're hanging out with a girl. Just change my name to "Justina" LOL

I laughed.

Me: You're crazy. I'll see what I can do

Justin: Okay baby.

Me: Baby? Is that what you're calling me now?

Justin: Yes love. I'd call you all the sweet names if I could

I blushed. He called me another name.

Me: You're sweet.

Justin: Only for you baby. I've gtg. Talk to you later?

Me: Same here. Talk to you later

I switched off my phone and put it back in my pocket.

I sighed dreamily. Could this guy make me like him even more?

"Things are going well with lover boy, I assume" Victoria spoke from beside me.

I sighed again.

"Yes" I replied.

A question popped into my mind as I recalled the shocking events of yesterday.