Chapter 18

Do you want to know the best things about successfully completing a mission?

Forget about the thrill.

Forget about the cool gadgets, outfits and gear.

The best part is the fulfilment you get and how proud you are of yourself.

My head swelled with pride as students of The Conversion Academy cheered us on with rounds of applause when me and my teammates passed through the hallway.

A normal mission usually involves taking down a bad guy or saving a few numbers of people but today, we saved hundreds of Nigerians, perhaps even thousands.

It felt great to know that I played a great part in this revolution. It felt good to know that I helped save my country. It was truly an honour.

After Choi knocked the guy out, we handcuffed him before handing him over to the agents. Victoria and Chen managed to disarm a bomb before it exploded in thirty seconds. They did this will little to no experience. We haven't even been taught about bombs yet. How cool is that?

Genuinely, I am proud of myself and my teammates. Now I know why they chose us for the final mission.

Mike has his athletics skills.

Choi has his martial arts and agility.

Chen has her martial art skills too along with her intelligence.

Victoria can practically handle any computer gadget.

And I? Well, I guess I'm a good leader. It was my co-ordination and individual placement that got the job done.

It was then that I realized that The Council must have screened everyone in the whole school and decided on us for a reason. Who else could have fit together so perfectly? We couldn't be more diverse yet we still got along well.

"We practically saved the whole nation!" Chen squealed.

"I know right" Choi said before giving her a high five.

"Mom would have been so proud"

"Yes, she would" Mike agreed, touching Chen on her shoulder,

Chen blushed.

"Ada, you were incredible" Victoria said "You managed to track that guy down all by yourself"

"Says the girl who disarmed a ticking time bomb in seconds!"

"Yeah" Chen said "But if not for you, he would have been long gone"

"We all did this" I said "It was a great team effort"

"I agree"

"Who was that guy anyway?" Victoria asked, linking her hand with Mike's.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. What even surprised me more was the fact that Mike didn't pull away or look shocked by her action. It felt as if it was natural to them. When did they become so cosy?

"Probably some terrorist or something" Choi shrugged.

"Someone probably sent him" Chen's voice came to a halt when she saw their intertwined hands. Her former playful expression turned to a confused one then a plain one.

In order to clear up the air, I spoke up.

"We should go report the series of events to Mr. Davis now" I spoke.

"Yeah" Chen agreed "We should"

After ever mission, the operatives involved are required to give a detailed account of everything that happened then it would be recorded and stored in the operative's file.