Chapter 20

A deep feeling of peace overwhelmed me as I stepped into the sauna, wearing a white robe and a towel wrapped around my head. After a mission, spies are allowed to come here to relax and unwind. As I entered, three Level 9 students were on their way out.

"Good job" they chorused.

"Thanks" I smiled.

My smile got even wider when I saw Victoria, Chen, Choi and Mike there.

"Hey guys" I greeted.

I took a seat next to Choi. He casually put his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek.

"You kicked ass today" he said "That guy couldn't even last long"

"That sounds so wrong" Victoria teased

We laughed.

"I didn't mean it that way" Choi defended.

"I know. I know. Just messing with ya" she winked.

I laid my head on Choi's lap and stretched my legs out. I sighed as the steam filled my lungs.

"That guy was cute though" Victoria said.

"What guy?" I asked.

"The one you fought"

"Oh"

At the mention of him, my mind began to wander to the things he said.

Am I really that weak? Is it that obvious to the extent a total stranger noticed my weakness?

I know for a fact that I do allow people to walk all over me especially in school. For a total stranger to pick up on my weakness, it says a lot about my character.

Perhaps I'm just overthinking it or perhaps, I'm not. I've been like this for the past seventeen years so why should a stranger's words affect me so much. Well, I don't know. What I do know is, my personality is going to change henceforth. No more Mr. nice guy. Everyone is going to notice a change in me, both in school and in the agency.

Don't get me wrong or anything, I'm still going to keep my profile as low as possible but I will not be a push over, not anymore.

"Adaeze!" Mike shouted.

"What?" I replied in shock.

That was when I realized I had zoned out. My eyes landed on Mike and Chen's intertwined hands. They sat next to each other and the looks on their faces showed how content they were. My heart swelled with happiness for them until I remembered something; What about Victoria?

"I was trying to talk to you about the guy you took down" Victoria said.

"What about him?"

"He's hot as hell. How can someone so fine be working for a terrorist group?"

"Beats me" Chen shrugged.

"He's even as cute as Justin"

I pictured him in my head; dark skin, toned muscles, tall. As much as I hate to admit it, he was nice to look at. Although, no one can ever compare to Justin...my Justin.

"Eh...he's okay" I said.

"The things I'd do to him though" she fanned herself "I've always had a thing for bad boys"

"Ashawo" I joked.

"He's right in the questioning room, you know" Chen told her "You can always go find him"

I know the message wasn't meant for me but I had the sudden urge to go.

"Why would someone want to kill an innocent Imam" Choi asked "It doesn't make sense"