Chapter 26

"Give it up for DJ Switch!" The MC shouted from the stage.

Everyone clapped and cheered while I continued taking a sip of my drink, wishing it will all be over soon so I can finally be alone again.

I just stood there and watched everyone, suddenly indifferent to everything. The protest grounds were even more crowded at night. This is my first time coming here during this time.

I observed how the people turned up happily to the music. Some danced, some had conversations with other people, some took videos while some took pictures with celebrities. No matter what was happening around me, I couldn't be bothered. Although, I came to support the movement with my teammates, I was still feeling sad

The weight of today's events weighed heavily on my mind. I still couldn't believe everything was a lie.

I watched as my teammates chattered and danced right in front of me. I purposely isolated myself because I was still pissed about the whole thing. I got even more angry by seeing how happy they were. How can they be so happy to tie their lives forever to an agency that doesn't care about them?

"It doesn't look like you're having a good time" a voice whispered in my ear.

A familiar figure stepped beside me. I took a look to my side to see who it was. It was the young terrorist guy that I had a fight with. I rolled my eyes. He was obviously a part of the plan too.

"Why are you here?'' I asked him.

"Well, hello to you too" he laughed "I'm here for the same thing you're here for, to support the movement"

"Okay"

"Congrats on your activation. My name is Yinka"

He's trying his best to make conversation. There is no need for me to be stuck up or rude. He's not the one at fault so there is no need for me to take out my anger on him.

"I'm Adaeze"

"Trust me, I know. I have heard a lot about you"

"You have?"

"Yup. Before the agency sent us to test you all, they gave us very detailed information on the five of you"

"I see"

He leaned in and whispered in my ear for the second time tonight. Immediately, I felt every single hair on my body rise.

"For the record" he took a quick breath "I let you win that fight"

I laughed out loud.

"Yeah right"

"Hell yeah"

"Want a rematch?"

"You bet"

I shook my head and smiled. Maybe I should just let loose and have fun. What's done is done, after all. Besides, everyone here is radiating tons of good vibes. I should hop on some too. My teammates walked over to us.

"Are you done sulking now?" Victoria asked me.

Her eyes widened when she saw Yinka.

"Oh hey, handsome" she grabbed his arm and blinked her eyelashes repeatedly.

"Hey" Yinka responded.

Mike and Chen were having a conversation. I couldn't help but notice how Mike couldn't take his eyes off Victoria's arm linked with Yinka's. A look of confusion came across his face.

"You know what?' Victoria started "I'm glad it was all a test and that you're not really a terrorist or anything. Although, the thought of you being a terrorist was pretty hot to me due to the fact that I have a thing for bad boys. This means we can get to know each other better"