Chapter 37

Growing up, I always imagined going to a club a lot more differently than it actually was in real life. I watched a lot of movies so trust me when I say that I had a distinct imagination. Let me tell you how I thought it would be like.

- I enter the club, looking all sexy and glammed up.

- When I get in, I flip my hair dramatically. My head is swollen with pride when I find out that I'm the most beautiful woman in the club.

- In a corner, I see my crush talking to a girl. However, when we make eye contact, he's unable to take his eyes off me. The girl traces his eyes to me then glares in my direction.

- I walk away confidently to go sit with my friends. After a while, I decide to go get a drink. On my way there, I mistakenly bump into the girl I saw my crush talking to.

- "Watch it" she says rudely. "Oh, I'll give you something to watch" I reply. We settle the argument with a dance battle; me and my friends vs her and her friends.

- When we start, everyone in the club forms a circle around us to watch, including my crush.

- Obviously, my group wins with me in the lead. Everyone cheers for us then my crush comes up to talk to me.

- THE END

Inspired mainly by; The chippettes from 'Alvin and the chipmunks.

Hey! Don't judge me. I imagined all these things when I was like twelve years old.

Presently, sitting down here as a seventeen-year-old, it was a whole different experience. There was no competition. There was no one trying to show off. Most importantly, there were no dance battles. What a shame.

Everyone was busy having a good time. It was impossible not to vibe in the club. The lights were red and blue in colour. On the dancefloor, sweaty and drunk people were pressed tightly together, dancing as if no one was watching even though the place was fully packed.

In some corners, I could see people passionately making out. In other places, I could see girls giving lap dances to guys. In summary, everyone was having a good time.

Luckily, Victoria knew someone on the inside so getting in was not a problem at all for us. We all stayed in a booth in the VIP section. You could practically see everything from up here.

I rolled my eyes when I noticed Mike and Chen kissing. If only she knew the truth about what was really going on between him and Victoria.

Justin and Victoria went to get us drinks. Choi was at the edge of the seat, solo as usual, smoking a blunt.

"You look sexy as hell" Yinka whispered from beside me.

Victoria dressed me up in a short tight black dress paired with red heels. She did my hair and makeup too. When I looked in the mirror, I couldn't even recognize myself. If my mom saw me, she would kill me...literally.

Speaking of my mother, I've been trying not to think about seeing her at home. I still don't know how to react to everything I know now. The fact that she kept such a huge secret from me for years changed everything. She also tried to keep me from finding out the truth about my dad. Things would never be the same.

"Thank you"

"I just wanna pin you against the wall and..."

"And what?" Justin's voice interrupted him.

Justin's expression looked furious. This will definitely not end well. He and Victoria dropped the drinks they brought on the table.

"You know" Justin started "I've been watching you"