Chapter 38

MAYA

I limped on my way out of the club. The pain between my legs was unbearable. My legs kept wobbling so I took my hells off and walked barefoot. My head would spin at the remembrance of what had occurred. There was so much blood.

I smiled weakly. At least, it was over. That's something to be happy about,

He pinned my hands to the bed. I couldn't move at all. He was too strong.

"I don't want this, please" I cried as I struggled against him.

He slapped me. I winced in pain.

I didn't want to see my sister. I didn't want to see her friends. I didn't want to see anyone. I just want to get an Uber, go home, crawl into my bed and sleep.

I want to scream so badly. I had so much anger inside me.

I screamed in pain when he thrust inside me. He entered forcefully and I felt something burst inside me. I screamed again. He covered my mouth.

"Ah, that's it" he moaned in ecstasy while licking his lips. "That's a good girl"

In front of the club, I spotted Justin talking to a woman. I walked closer to them. Initially, I thought it was Adaeze but I was wrong. I've never seen this person before. She wasn't even with them in the club. They were arguing about something.

"You ruined everything" I heard him say.

"Justin?" I called.

He turned to face me.

"Maya?" he looked down at me "Why are you bleeding?"

He walked over to me. Before I could explain or say anything, I collapsed into his arms. This time, I couldn't control my emotions. Slowly, I started to sob until it turned into a full-on cry.

"Hey" he soothed me "It's going to be okay"

He hugged me tightly as I screamed in agony.

ADAEZE

I always hated hospitals. Everything about the building appalled me. The white walls. The apprehension of people. The beeping of machines. It made me go nuts.

I was fortunate enough to have good health that kept me away from coming here. On few occasions of me coming to the hospital, I had the urge to punch the wall and scream. No wonder psychiatric patients get even worse under hospitalization.

Chen was in the emergency room. I was shocked when I heard what really happened. Apparently, she checked Mike's phone for something then discovered the messages between him and Victoria. That was the reason she came to the dancefloor in a raging fit. I was too wasted to ask questions or even to care.

After she confronted them, she went back to our seats with Victoria following here, trying to explain everything. A female waiter came by with a tray which had a drink inside. She said an admirer sent it for the lady in a black dress which was me. Out of anger and in an attempt to get even drunker, Chen gulped down the drink without question. After a few minutes of bickering back and forth, Chen fell to the floor and started to have a seizure.

I stayed seated in the hallway, trying to make sense of all that has happened tonight. That drink was meant for me. Chen is in a hospital bed because of me. I'm the one who's supposed to be lying down there, not her. I felt guilty. It seemed as if it was all my fault and Chen had to suffer for it all.

Who could have sent it? More importantly, what would have happened to me if I actually took it? Yesterday, I was thinking nothing would go wrong this weekend. Boy, was I wrong! All it took was a few moments for things to spiral out of control.