Chapter 23

ADAEZE

"You want us to what?!" the five of us shrieked.

"It's not as bad as it seems" Sensei Zhang; our self-defence teacher told us.

Sorry, let me go back a little for you to understand further.

Sensei Zhang is a Chinese man who has mastered the art of king fu inside and outside. He teaches us everything you need to know about king fu, martial arts and the rest. He's Chen's mentor too. She admires him a lot.

"This is your next mission" he had said "Each of you will be assigned to a different terrorist. Ask them questions about their mission and who sent them. We need details. Torture them if you have to. We need to know what their next plan is"

We stood in the middle of our dojo all dressed in our karate uniforms. We thought we were going to have classes but instead, he explained that we were on a mission to interview our terrorists.

"What if they try to attack us?" Victoria asked.

"They are properly secured" he answered "But in case of anything, we will manage the situation".

"Still-"

"Let me get this straight. You've disarmed a ticking time bomb, taken down these people and practically saved the country from a mass murder yet you're so scared to talk to them. How?" he sounded amused.

"The scary part is that we're doing this alone" Chen explained "When we took them down, we did it together plus I don't want to sit in a room with a serial killer and talk. That's creepy. I'd rather fight"

"You have to learn how to do things on your own" he said.

He handed each of us clipboards and pens. The clipboards had their passport pictures attached on top and their personal information below.

"Go get started"

We looked at each other, fear evident on our faces.

"Now!" he ordered.

That was when we skedaddled.

*

After changing into appropriate clothing, security guards escorted my teammates and I to the torture section. It was an inside prison for the terrorists we captured.

I stared at the clipboard in my hand as we walked. I was assigned to talk to the man who attempted to bomb the protest ground the first day we went. His picture was attached to the board along with his name; Subomi Johnson

I gulped in fear. Fighting them is one thing. I mean, the adrenaline is there to help coupled with the need for survival. Being put in a room with a serial killer and talking to them are two whole other things. These psychopaths play mind games with people.

I remembered how he was tortured badly by Lumi...still he didn't budge. Will he be willing to speak to me?

My teammates and I stood in front of the room doors we were all assigned to.

"At least I'll get to see the cutie again" Victoria joked.

She must be talking about the guy I fought.

"Is that the guy you're assigned to?" she was asked.

"Yeah"

I wish I was in her position. At least, talking to someone in the same age group as you would be a bit easier.

"In case of anything, you can scream for help" the guards told us "We'll be here waiting for you"

I took a deep breath. As the leader, I should be able to lead without showing fear.