Chapter 35

"Wow" I breathed as I came down from the car.

Victoria's house was huge. It was even bigger and more beautiful than I previously imagined it to be. The car park was filled with about a dozen or more cars. By the left corner, there was a swimming pool and there was a garden by the right side.

Victoria squealed when she saw me from inside. She rushed out to meet me.

"You're here!" she jumped up and down.

"Your house looks great" I managed to say.

"You don't seem too happy to be here. What's wrong?"

I am obviously still annoyed at my mother for all the horrible things she has done. The annoyance is coupled with worry. Now, I have to put the pieces of my dad's disappearance together, hopefully, with the help of my friends.

"I had a fight with my mom. I'll tell you all about it later"

"Well, you are going to have so much fun that you'll forget all about your problems. Come with me"

She linked her arm in mine and ushered me inside.

"The others are in their respective rooms. Lover boy is here too. He's upstairs"

"Ahem" someone cleared their throat.

I looked forward to see a woman in a maid's uniform. I guess she's one of the workers.

"Alright, Nadia" Victoria whined with a sigh "What's it gonna take for you to keep your mouth shut? 80k?"

"Nothing will make me keep quiet about this" the woman put her hand on her hip "Your parents left you in my care"

"100k?"

"No"

"120K?"

"Victoria!"

I looked back and forth between them in confusion. I thought Victoria already had everything settled before asking us to come here.

"Fine" Victoria whined "150k plus you can pick two heels and a bag of your choice from my closet"

Nadia's face lit up.

"I didn't see a thing" she said "In fact, I wasn't even here"

"Perfect" Victoria opened the door for her "See you on Monday"

Immediately Nadia left, Victoria slammed the door.

"Greedy little bitch" I heard her mumble under her breath.

She went to the corridor and screamed for everyone to hear.

"Everyone, living room now" she screamed "Let's get high and make some noise"

This weekend looked promising. What could possibly go wrong?

*

I like the way I'm feeling now

No come use your reggae spoil my blues and rhythm now

Oh oh oh oh oh

I like the way I'm chilling now

Buju's voice sounded through the living room while I stared at the ceiling. I could swear that I saw a fairy flying around up there. It felt as if I was on cloud nine.

Everyone was paired up on different couches; Chen and Mike, Me and Justin and Yinka and Victoria. The only solo person was Choi. He didn't seem to mind though. He's currently smoking a blunt with his hoodie up. He blew smoke rings in the air, pretty impressive.