𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑠

chases pov

I didn't move all night, I didn't eat, sleep, or drink the next two nights. I couldn't, that fucking text broke me. It sat on my phone as corpse flooded my messages but one sat proudly on my notifications.

Casey Wellerman

Casey Wellerman:
Come back to New York for the family reunion

I wanted to stream, wanted to cry, but I couldn't. Of course calling corpse was an option but I didn't want to bother him. Besides that would mean talking about my family to him. I didn't want to go but I didn't have a choice. Although the message sounds like a question, it was a demand. Come to New York or else you and everybody around you will be hunted by the mafia.

I didn't even notice I was crying until I got a FaceTime call from Rachel, I didn't answer but she texted me,

Loser🔪

Loser 🔪
Corpse is coming over, is it about the wellermans

I left her on read so she new what the answer was. Yes.

For the next 20 minutes I sat their with tears streaming down my face. Then there was a knock at the door, I mouthed the words of come in. But nothing came out, only a weak whimper from my cry. The door slowly opened, and a familiar face entered the door. "Fucking christ chase." He said worriedly as he shut the door behind him. He practically ran over to me, holding me in a tight hug. I held onto the back of his neck even tighter.

corpses pov

She was balling her eyes out, and shaking. Her eyes were blood shot and she grabbed onto me like I was the only person  left alive. After about two minutes of me just holding her, while she was shaking, she slowly let go. "Do you want to talk or show me what happened?" I asked her, normally I wouldn't force her into anything, but seeing her like this sparked something in me, and I couldn't tell you want it was. She quickly opened her Messages and showed me a text from a caller ID of the name, Casey Wellerman.

I looked at her, she knew what I was asking.

"My bother." She whimpered, hiding her head in my shoulder, I just ran my fingers through her hair, which wasn't as brushed as normal, to be expected. "Just don't go, your clearly shaken up and don't want to see your family which is understandable." I told her. She shook her head. "I don't have a choice." She whispered, her voice was horse and raspy, almost worse then mine. "And I know what your thinking-." She said quickly. "But can we talk in the morning?" She asked, looking up at me with pleading eyes. "Yeah of course." I told her. I pulled out my phone and texted Rachel telling her I had chase and don't worry before we walked into her bedroom.

Her PC and computer were still on. While she climbed into her bed I shut off her computer and PC, getting in next to her. She quickly went to sleep, it wasn't peaceful, she was clearly anxious, maybe even scared. I don't know what's happening to her, until Rachel's ringtone alerted me. I quickly answered, afraid it would wake up chase. Rachel was in a panic.

"Corpse, corpse listen." She said. "You need to be alone when I tell you this, is chase asleep?" She asked. "Yeah she's in bed." I told her. "Ok leave her alone in her room, this will be surprising." She said, she sounded like she could cry.

"Listen, I don't know why her brother texted her. But there's a reason chase ran away, more then just her parents, work." She said, hesitantly saying work. "What do you mean Rachel?" I asked, not really caring about how Rachel wanted to break this gently, because I didn't want to force it out of chase in the morning. "God damnit corpse her parents work for New York mafia." She exclaimed, the line went silent.

Chase.

Chase of all damn people.

Her parents run a mafia?

The New York mafia to be persist.

Fuck.

"Corpse, are you listening to me!" She yelled, I coughed out a yeah. She sighed before saying, "I don't know any more then that, but if her brother is in contact with her, it isn't good." She warned me. "O-ok." I said, my anxiety building up. "What did her brother say." Rachel said, I had never heard her be this demanding before. "He wants her to come to a family reunion." I told her, she muttered fuck under her breath before saying, "She has to go, there isn't a choice, but she doesn't have to go alone. It probably looks better if you go tho." She said. "I'll talk to chase about it-," I said, she said something but the only thing I heard was chases small voice calling my name.

"Corpse listen to me!" She exclaimed. "Sorry what?" I asked. "Let chase tell you the rest, it's her place to fill in the details, not mine. Bye." She said, hanging up. I swallowed and left my phone on her couch as I walked back into the room, she was stirring. I kneeled down beside her bed on her side, her eye cracked open. "You talked to Rachel, didn't you?" She asked, dead visible in her tone. I only nodded, her eyes welled again. "I'm sorry." She rasped out.

I looked at her, I couldn't image her hurting and innocent person.

Sure she put on this tough act for the world but her friends know that she really is a sweet person. She wouldn't do something bad to somebody who didn't deserve it.

I don't know what happened, or what I was thinking really. But all I saw were her crystal blue eyes and pouty lips before I leaned in.

And kissed her.