𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑛

Chases pov

We both sat at my island, talking about my family, I had almost finished everything, but had avoiding saying the words, murder, kill, and mafia, the whole time.

"I'm not this open with many people." I whispered. He grabbed my hand, I held onto his tighter. "I understand." He told me back. "I might be the only person who could relate." He told me, he wasn't wrong. I knew more about him, then anybody really. We both had whole lives separate from the world. Corpse was hidden behind this faceless persona, and I was hidden behind a webcam.

"You don't have to go alone." He said, my eyes quickly shot to his. "Corpse no way in hell I'm letting you near my psycho family." I laughed at the thought. "Then at least let me come to New York with you, I just-." He stopped himself trying to find the right words. "-Just in case something happens I want to be there." He said, I swallowed. Letting corpse be in the same state as me is a risk. But if he was willing to take it, then so be it. "Fine, but your not going anywhere near headquarters." I told him. He nodded. "You'll also need to keep a gun in the place at all times, always have it loaded, but put the safety on." I told him. He nodded.

It was quite before I broke it.

"Corpse, you realize this isn't something you can back out of very easily, right?" I asked him. "I know." He said, not looking over to me, he was more focused on the island counter. "Why?" I asked him, he was quite before he looked up.

Last night replayed in my head, the tears, his arms, the kiss. How much he really cared to sit there and comfort me.

"We both know the answer." He said, I saw him bite the inside of his cheek. We both knew what was slowly developing, but Corpse was getting ready to do a recording of a song, put merch out, and we both of them had streams and social media to tend to.

I was never one to think of myself in a relationship. That's one of the many reasons I ran from my parents, they had a few guys who wanted to marry me lined up at the age of 14.

Corpse was never one to think somebody would be willing to try and be in a relationship with him. He had always wanted to try dating, but always assumed nobody over the age of 12 would want to date him.

Hesitantly, we intertwined our hands. They rested atop the counter, corpse brought the back of my hand to his lips, kissing it tenderly before letting out hands rest on the counter.

"We need to figure things out." I whispered, "I know." He said. "If we took out social media,  this would be so much easier." He half laughed, I returned the laugh. "It really would be." I said. "You weren't in your best state last night, neither was I. If you don't want anything like that to happen again, I'm sorry, and it won't." He promised. I didn't know what to say to that, but I had a response.

I titled his head over to me, and pressed my lips against his, are hands came apart but he lifted me over onto the counter so I was in front of him. His hands found my waist and gently grabbed before they trailed underneath my shirt. The metal rings on my spine send a chill, I felt corpse smirk against my lips.

"What are you smirking at?" I asked him. "You." He said breathlessly, before kissing me again. His fingers played with a clasp before he removed his hands. "Tease." I muttered, he snickered. "I don't want are first time to be in your kitchen when you were crying maybe 7 hours ago." He said, I nodded understandingly.

"When do we leave?" Corpse asked. Well it was fun while it lasted. "The 15th, that way we will be able to be their for the next morning, when the reunion really happens." I told him. "When did you learn all this?" He asked. "Every 15 years, the whole family comes together, exiled or still there. I knew it was coming, it was just shit timing." I shrugged. He nodded. "But in the mean time, we need to get you trained with a gun." I said, hopping off the counter and opening the cabinet under the sink, pulling out a pistol, followed by bullets.

Corpses eyes went wide, "What? I was still there for 14 years." I shrugged. "You are full of surprises." He muttered, I smirked. "Grab your shit, we're going to one shot." I said. One shot was a local shooting range here in California, I slept in the alleyway between one shot and the bowling alley next to it from ages 16-17. It's weirdly comforting whenever I walk or drive by there.

We cleaned our selfs up, tugged on shoes, I double checked the pistol was on safety and we walked to my car.

I had a feeling corpse would do well. It would take awhile, but he would figure it out. After all if he can knife spin, he can shoot a gun with decent accuracy, right? I mean, they require the same amount of focus. Plus, it was just a pistol, I wasn't teaching him how to look down a scope and hit a perfect shot. If I was that worried about my family he wouldn't be coming at all. That's when I'd really hit me.

He was coming to New York with me, and I have a feeling he'll sneak in with me

But I didn't stop the car. No, I kept driving. He was going to try and walk into headquarters with me like Rachel tried. But he's probably be more successful. "Don't think I haven't figured out your plan." I told him, he looked up from his phone and smirked. "What plan?" He asked innocently. I caught his eyes for a moment.

Sneaky fuck.