𝐼𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝

"Now you have to look down the barrel, and focus like your going to do a knife trick, but instead of cutting a finger, your in a life or death situation." I told him, lining the gun up. "Then-." I said and shot the gun, missing the dead center by a inch. "-you shoot." I said. "I need to work on my accuracy." I muttered, handing him the gun. He lined it up the correct way, but his hands twitched. "You have to relax." I rubbed his back, before trailing to his hands, steadying them.

Narrator pov

What chase didn't know, is that he physically can't relax. Although her hands soothed him, his arm can't just relax without feeling nothing at all it. Turns out when you feel nothing, you feel pain.

Corpse knew that more then anybody.

Her hands wrapped around his with the trigger, and she helped him pull it back. The gun fired and hit the white part of the target. "You hit it." She said proudly. "Is their a gun you can shoot with one hand?" Corpse asked without thinking. She looked at him slightly confused, "I can teach you how to use it with one hand." She said, he handed her the gun. "Which hand do you use?" She asked. "Right." He said. She nodded, but couldn't help wonder why he only wanted to use one hand when it was normally harder.

"So when you shoot with one hand, you have to make sure your arm is almost numb." The words completely shut off corpse. "Chase-." He said, she looked at him, almost like he was scared to tell her. But it was to late now. "Yeah?" She looked at him confused. "I can't let my arm go numb." He sighed, deciding to skip over all the details.

Chase new better then to question anything corpse couldn't do. It still made her question it, but she figured he'd tell her when they left.

Now figuring out shooting a gun wasn't an option, she decided to pick something that's equally effective but he's already good at.

Knifes.

"Ok, hold on." She said, and disappeared. Although he wouldn't have gone with her, being alone in public scared the shit out of him. He just messed with the ring on his middle finger. It kept feeling in both his arms and calmed him.

When she came back, she pressed the time off button. Leaving over an hour left. He felt guilty for wasting her money. "I can pay you back the difference." He offered. "Nonsense, you don't need to." She assured. "Really chase-." She cut him off. "I promise, it's fine." She told him, and grabbed his hand. Corpse wasn't one for PDA, really the opposite. But the small gesture did calm him.

As they walked back to the car, chase had stopped and was looking at something. "Chase?" Corpse asked. Chase only hummed before walking into an alley way, corpse followed her, he felt like he was doing something wrong. He knew how this looked, a guy following a well known female into an alley way. I'm sure that looked great for him.

Chase didn't really care if corpse was following her. She saw something that was so familiar she couldn't help but she check it out. After shaking two ants off, she picked up a tattered up old book. She opened it and she saw the faint letters of

Ch a e wellerm

She covered her hand with her mouth. It hasn't been moved in 13 years. She opened the first page to see her writing was faded but there, still legible. "Chase?" Corpse said again, catching her attention again. She came out of the alley way with him, and she showed him. He read the first page.

may 12th 2005
Casey says throwing shit at my walls isn't always a good coping mechanism. What does he know, he has this girlfriend, nolle. Ugh, she makes me want to take dads shotgun and shoot my brains out. She's this perfect blonde and dad says how perfect her eyes are but they look like fucking demons piercing my soul. She makes fun of my anorexia. She's lucky I don't take a knife and stab her between the eyes.

Dad and mom are thrilled about her tho. Something about natural beauty and her family name. Shit if you ask me. Apparently she creates peace between the French and the New York mafias but I don't really care. Honestly she'd be fun to kill.

Mom says I should do the same thing Nolle did. Get courted, that means that mom and dad find some guy and tell me to date them, and I don't get a say. Mom supposedly found the Italian guy name Matheo. She gave me a picture of him, were the same age and she wants me to marry the guy. I'm quite literally a child people. Fuck. Off.

"Baby chase was fiesty." Corpse laughed. She rolled her eyes and yanked the book from his hands. "Fuck. Off." She quoted herself. "You can't quote yourself." Corpse told her. "I just did bitch." She gave him the middle finger as she walked back to the car. Corpse laughed and shook his head.

She was really something. He knew that wasn't a good explanation of her, but it summed it up. Because she was something else. She was sarcastic, sassy, some times bitchy, but she was also vulnerable.

She didn't let many people see that side of her. Rachel and Karl were really the only two until corpse walked into her life. He just made her feel safe and secure. She didn't know if it was the way she fit into his hands, or the way he laughed at her shit jokes. But they worked so well together because they were what each other needed.

Of course they were both to blind to see that.

But it was true. Neither of them knew were this was going. Besides the kiss neither of them had made any other major moves. Sure they would shamelessly flirt once and awhile, but nothing like that.

It was pathetic really, the way she helped him relax made him giddy. When he put a hand on her lower back whenever she felt uncomfortable gave her butterflies. It all came down to one thing.

They were in deep.