7. Getting to know

Jungkook tapped his finger on Jin's resume. Specifically, on the civil status line of Jin's personal data. Married, he thought to himself.

"I thought you're not there," Yoongi said, closing the door behind him. "I've been knocking on your door, no one's answering."

"How long is Jimin friends with Seokjin?"

Yoongi was taken aback by the question. It was totally unexpected. "Wait, can I sit?"

Jungkook sighed and pointed at the chair in front of his desk.

"Since high school," Yoongi answered after sitting down.

"So you've been hanging out with him for years now?"

The question made Yoongi even more confused. He honestly finds it odd and do not know what those questions are for. "Is there something wrong? I mean, I'm not expecting those kinds of questions. But to answer you, yes. Ever since I and Jimin got together, I already hang out with him a couple of times. He rarely goes out, though. His husband rarely permits him to hang out with Jimin."

The answer was precisely what Jungkook wanted. He wanted to lead Yoongi to speak about Jin's married life. "Rarely? What do you mean rarely?"

Yoongi gave Jungkook a curious look. "Hey, what's wrong? I interviewed several employees, but never I remembered getting interested with their personal life. Do you happen to know Jin?"

Reality finally hit Jungkook as he realized he was so concerned about Jin's civil status, not on what he's capable of doing. Pulling himself together, he closed the folder holding Jin's resume. "Well, he arrived here looking grubby. His shoes broken, he's sweaty, he even have dirt on his face. Too far from what Jimin described him. To tell you the truth, I expected a lot only to get disappointed in the end. You probably know, is there something wrong with him? I actually want to regret why I accepted him right away. He seemed... odd... distracted... I don't want to have problems in the future."

Yoongi bit his lips, contemplating on how far he should tell. "Well, as far as I know, his husband is a bit strict when it comes to money. But that's all I can tell you because that's something personal and I am not the right person to discuss it with you. In case you wanted to know, his husband is Kim Namjoon."

"Kim Namjoon?!"

"Yes. Him. That arrogant man who thinks he's the greatest businessman to ever live. He's no different as a husband," Yoongi said while shaking his head.

"If Namjoon is his husband, then why he's working now? If I and Namjoon are in the same type of business, I would think of him as a spy."

Yoongi laughed at Jungkook's reasoning, but Jungkook had a point. "Well, don't worry. Jin is not a spy. Maybe he finally found courage to fight for what he wants. As far as I know, he really wanted to work. He needs to help his parents. Probably, he doesn't want to use his husband's money for that."

Jungkook did not say anything. He opened the folder once more and stared at Jin's picture. "So, he came here that way because his husband did not give him money to buy office clothes?"

Yoongi shrugged. "We met with him some days ago and Jimin insisted to buy him new ones. Even a new pair of shoes. So I'm not sure why he's looking the way you described him. To be honest with you, I came here to check on Jimin because he's not yet coming back to his desk. And Jin is not on his desk too."

Jungkook smirked as he leaned back in his swivel chair. His desire to know grew more, but at the same time, he was hesitant to share what his real thoughts were. "I told him to fix himself. How can he work if he looked like a garbage?"