14. Gifts

AN:

The story is intentionally slow.
This is a Jinkook book so trust the process... Lol... 💁‍♀️

•••

Jin, with no time to breathe, was standing in front of Jungkook after arriving at almost nine in the morning. It felt like a deja vu to him remembering his first day at work.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. I have no other explanation for my action. I woke up late."

Jungkook smirked as he closed the document he was reviewing. "If you'll have a night out with your millionaire husband after working until dawn, make sure you'll be able to wake up early and go to work on time."

Jin did not respond or even flinch. His mind was haunted by the memories he had that early morning. His mind and his body felt so tired to even react or feel bad or to ask how his boss arrived at that thinking. "It won't happen again. I'm sorry."

Jungkook laughed derisively, "That's what you said on your first day, remember? I don't need empty promises Kim Seokjin. Your husband is a businessman. Did he not remind you not to be late? And for Christ's sake, cover your hickey. Get out."

Jin almost slapped his neck not knowing exactly where the hickey was nor he had it. He bowed once more before leaving the room and he was greeted by Jimin who appeared worried. "Are you okay?"

Jin smiled thinly as he headed back to his desk. He immediately reached for the mirror on his desk and looked at the purple bruise on his neck.

"Holy sh-- Please don't tell me it's from that monster!" Jimin was reluctant to stand there as he knew Jungkook's wall might be on, but seeing Jin's mark made him want to stay and uncover what happened.

Jin took a bandaid out from his bag, cut it in small, and placed it on the bruise. His eyes fleeted for a moment as he tried to prevent himself from crying. But it did not deter his voice to crack. "Namjoon had me sign the divorce paper."

Jimin, though not surprised, tried to read Jin's reaction through Jin's eyes. Being a big anti of Namjoon, he made an effort to stay encouraging for his best friend. While still looking at Jin's hickey. "Then that's good news. He was an abusive husband, Jin. This is the real start of your life. If he had you sign that then I don't understand why you had that."

Jin lowered his head as tears began falling, "He doesn't have any plan to let me be with Sunghoon. I asked for a day but he's not open to that idea. He insulted the state I am currently in. I don't know what to do."

"So that includes giving yourself? That was stupid!"

Jin wiped his tears as he stared at Jimin asking for understanding, "Namjoon is the only way I can be with my son. I don't have the means Jimin."

"That's bullshit Jin! Please tell me that he used protection or else I swear I'll throw this paper puncher on your head!" Jimin wrapped his hand around the puncher on top of Jin's table.

Jin just nodded. "He did. I'm sorry. I'm just so desperate."

"You don't love him anymore. Right, Jin?"

Jin bit the inside of his cheeks avoiding crying more and nodded in the end. "I don't know."

Jimin sighed while removing his fingers around the stapler and wrapping them around Jin's shaking hands. "Let's talk over lunch. But please, don't do that again no matter how desperate you are. You're only boosting his fucking ego. Remember this, Namjoon isn't the only way to be with your son. We will figure it out. You're just overwhelmed with your emotions. I am sure it's not love you are feeling for him. Now, stop crying. I can already feel his eyes boring into his wall. I'll see you at lunch."