17. In Denial

Jin knocked on Jungkook's door that morning right after returning from his leave. "Good morning, Mr. Jeon. Here's your coffee and chicken wrap."

Jungkook without looking greeted Jin back, "Thank you."

Jin almost dropped the chicken wrap as soon as he heard the words that came from Jungkook's mouth. He was wondering if he really heard it correctly. His boss said thank you. Brushing away the thoughts, he carefully placed the wrap on the desk. "Uh, Mr. Jeon. Are you eating kimchi?"

Jungkook was quite surprised by the question he had to raise his head to look at Jin, "I'm sorry?"

Jin suddenly smiled with his bread cheek smile and showed the container wrapped in a cloth, "My mom made this kimchi and she brought some. The container won't fit my fridge so I decided to share it. Don't worry, your room will not smell. I wrapped it several times in plastic wrap."

Jin waited for Jungkook's reply but all he received was a stare. He didn't know if his boss found him weird for gifting kimchi or if was he so intrusive for even thinking of giving his boss something. Feeling a bit embarrassed, "I'm sorry, Sir. It's totally fine if you don't. I know some people don't eat kimchi or find it stinky."

Jungkook blinked several times realizing he had been staring too long.  He adjusted his necktie and his seat before responding, "No, no. I was just surprised. Of course, I eat kimchi and I don't find it stinky. Please put it in my fridge."

Jin's eyes brightened hearing his boss accept what he brought. He was confident of his mom's kimchi. Her cooking in general. After placing the container inside the fridge, Jin stood up in front of Jungkook's desk while fidgeting with his fingers, "Sir, regarding the coffee shop--"

"I hope you'll choose my company over that."

Jin nodded, "Yes, sir. I already informed my boss that I won't be going to work starting tonight."

"Great. Did she say anything to you?"

Jin paused for a while. He wanted to say no but he didn't want to lie. "Sir, regarding Namjoon, I honestly do not care about his business. I am not a spy for his company. I--"

"I did not say anything to Yuna that I am suspecting you as a spy. I just want you to focus on one job so you won't need to stay up late and be late the next day. Anyway, thank you for the kimchi "

Jin pouted after his boss disrupted him. He also regretted why he said too much. He only wanted not to misinterpret his work for some personal stuff. He bowed and was about to leave, "Jin."

Jin looked back. "Sir?"

"You should smile often. It looks much better on you."

Jin was obviously taken aback. He didn't know how to respond to that. He could feel his ears and cheeks getting warm. He smiled and bowed before heading out.

Jungkook shook his head while smiling from ear to ear. He then stood up to go to his private restroom as he needed to pee. "Fuck, why am I nervous?"

•••

Jimin almost spat out the food in his mouth after Jin shared that he brought Kimchi for Jungkook. "In his office?! Kimchi in his office?!"

Jin was wondering why Jimin reacted that way when his boss seemed okay with it. "He accepted it and asked me to put it in his fridge."

Jimin had to punch his chest several times and had to swallow hard before he was able to speak. "In his fridge? Like the fridge in his office with expensive wines inside?"

Jin eyed his best friend as if he was judging him. He could not see anything extraordinary from what he had said. "I'm not familiar with wines. You know I don't drink. And kimchi is supposed to be in the fridge? I mean, it looks unbelievable to you. Where did you put the kimchi I gave you? Inside Yoongi's fridge in his office, right?"