43. Celebrations 🔞

Jin was zoned out as he breathed in and out, trying to calm himself and his racing thoughts. His eyes were staring blankly outside but his thoughts were somewhere else. It hadn't been an hour since he and Jungkook dropped Sunghoon at Namjoon's home to celebrate hisyou-husband's birthday and yet, he felt as though it had been days. After dropping his son off, they decided to spend the day at Jungkook's home.

Jungkook, aware of Jin's predicament, carefully placed his hands on Jin's thigh while his other hand was on the steering wheel. Rubbing his palm on Jin's thigh, Jungkook softly uttered. "Sunghoon will be back tomorrow morning."

Jin wiped the tears that dared escape his eyes and turned to face Jungkook. "I'm sorry. Please don't misunderstand. I'm just scared Namjoon will not keep his word. He already deceived me. What if--"

Jin was silenced when Jungkook gripped his hand. As Jungkook pulled Jin's hand to his chest, Jungkook gently shook his head. As if asking Jin to stop thinking negatively, "I know you don't trust Namjoon and I understand why. To make you feel better, Namjoon cannot go out of the country while the case is ongoing. The decision will come out anytime soon. He will lose complete custody if he disobeys. He'll go behind bars if he insists which I think won't happen.

Aside from that, he is a businessman, he knows how things work. His business will spiral down if he tries to go against the law. Or even create a bigger scandal than where he is currently in. He signed the agreement. Please trust me on this. I will not let you down. I promise."

Jin returned the tight hold on Jungkook's hand as the latter's assurance somehow alleviated his fears. He knew of his past trauma and he understood he couldn't let it go that easy. He was just thankful that Jungkook was there to keep on reminding him to calm down. Jungkook's words always brought comfort. And he was grateful for that.

"Seongjun will be there at Namjoon's home at exactly 8 in the morning tomorrow to pick up Sunghoon like what was agreed. For now, free your mind from anything. I have a surprise for you."

Jin wasn't able to ask anything as Jungkook hopped out of the car and opened the passenger door for him. Jin took Jungkook's hand as they walked hand in hand towards Jungkook's home.

Mia was smiling widely as she greeted the couple. "Good morning Jungkook and Seokjin. A light snack is already at the gallery. I'll be preparing lunch and it will be in the garden at exactly one. Please call me if you need anything."

"Good morning and thank you, Aunt Mia."

Jin was able to flash a smile at the lady as Jungkook quickly guided him toward the gallery not granting him time to exchange some pleasantries with Mia. His curiosity peaked as they walked down the stairs leading to Jungkook's private art room.

The first thing that caught his eye was the painting Jungkook named 'Captus'. He could not help but feel flustered thinking about the significance of the painting in their relationship. The man in the painting perfectly resembled him. It was like him looking in the mirror.

The painting as Jungkook described was a picture of love and heartbreak. In Jungkook's case, love at first sight but then finding out his muse was with someone else broke his heart.

In Jin's case, it was him madly in love not knowing that the man he was in love with was cheating with one of his best friends. Himself not knowing of his impending heartbreak.

Indeed, the painting had stories in it.

Of love. And of heartbreaks.

Though the painting was beautiful to the eyes of those who didn't know the story behind it, for those who did, it was rather heartbreaking. Heartbreaking if they didn't know how the story progressed. But the truth was, the same painting also had the story of hope. And this hope led the painter to meet the person in the painting. Indeed, it was a love story. With high hopes of a happy ending.