8. Opportunities

Jimin inspected the current house where Jin lives. He sighed several times just by looking at Jin's condition. "I can't believe Hoseok agreed that you live in this kind of house. He always sucks with decisions, to be honest. And I want to break Namjoon's neck for what's happening to you."

Jin sat down on the bed. A bed enough to accomodate a single averaged-body person. "This is enough while I cool things down. Perhaps, when Namjoon realized my worth, he would contact me to come back."

Jimin looked back at Jin in a flash. His eyes glaring with loath. "Are you serious? Really? You still want to be with that asshole? After what he did to you? Can you hear yourself, Seokjin?"

Jin took a deep breath and as much as he wanted to hold all his emotions in, he sobbed. Jin held on to his chest as he tried not to cry out loud, not wanting Jimin to worry more. Jimin quickly sat down beside Jin as he tried to pacify his friend. Rubbing Jin's back repeatedly with the palm of his hand.

"I'm sorry, Jin. I know I am too harsh with words but I won't take it back. Your husband deserves those words and so much more. Maybe, I don't understand what you truly feel as a husband and father because I am not. But I'm your friend, I cannot stand the way he treated you. I know you know what I mean."

Jin sniffed and nodded his head. He could not fathom how he stayed like that with Namjoon. But what bothered him more was his son. He was worried if Namjoon was taking care of Sunghoon. Or if his son was crying looking for him. Regaining his composure, Jin watched his fidgeting hands. "I'll do anything to be with my son. I don't have means to do it but to be with them again. Namjoon isn't an ordinary person. You know his status. He wouldn't let my hands on my son. How would I even compete to that?"

Jimin placed his hands over Jin's fidgeting ones with the intention of calming his bestfriend's anxieties, "Yoongi knows a lot of good lawyers. We can ask him to give you one."

Jin shook his head desperately, "No. I thought we are clear that you won't speak about it to Yoongi? Asking Yoongi that favor is like telling him I have marital issues."

"As if he's not aware?"

"Not to this extent."

"Okay fine," Jimin said in defeat. "I promise not to tell anyone about it. But what about Sunghoon? I am positive it isn't in Namjoon's mind to have you back. We only need a very good lawyer so you can at least share custody with him. A good lawyer means a good amount of cash. I'm sure Namjoon would have lawyers as his ace. I can lend you some cash but I think it won't be enough."

Jin once again looked down, this time on his feet. Wishing they could take him to his son. "That's why I'm working. I'll do my best to earn. Even if Mr. Jeon is rude, I'm ready to swallow his insults. I want my son back. That's all I want."

Jimin stared at his crying best friend before wrapping his arms around Jin. He could not utter anymore words to make Jin feel better. As much as he wanted to help Jin through Yoongi's connection, he also doesn't want to betray Jin's trust. For now, he would wait until he finally convinced Jin to seek Yoongi's help.

•••

Jungkook took his paint brushes, paints, and palette from his drawer and placed them on the table beside the large canvas. He then grabbed the apron hanging on the coat rack. After tying it, he sat down on the stool.

Whenever he felt stressed, Jungkook released all of it through painting. Though his current position as the CEO of the company permits him to travel around the globe and took photos, his other passion, he could release his frustrations more through painting.

After mixing the acrylic paints and getting his desired color, he started. He loves painting the nature. But he had an eye for the cherry blossom tree. He didn't understand his reasonings too but he could not forget his heartbreak and the tree always reminded him of that.